If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Saturday, July 01, 2006

In Memory...and Layout contest




This layout is for my Tucker Heritage album. I did it because I wanted a page for him that tells what he taught me, and why I am able to even do a heritage album, least as well as I hope to do it. This whole book will be done in his memory.

He taught me to write on my pictures, and put them in books. While I do get behind on it (right now I am working on getting half of 2003 and up into books) I at least usually manage to get to them. He always kept up with his, and he took alot of pictures, but what he taught me has mostly stuck! LOL I am hoping to finish through 2005 in the next couple of weeks (in fact will probably not be on my computer as much so hopefully I can) because with 2006 I am going to stick with just layouts, since all my pictures are now digital!!! I stoped using my advantix camera last year, although I loved it, digital is way better for us now!! I just have a few more to date then can start putting them in the book. I don't "paper" scrap, just place them neatly on a page and write on the page. I have an album for ever year since we got married, a wedding album and an album for the year before we got married, cause thats when I started. I think before to long I will need another shelf cause it will be full in a few more years!! Maybe I won't need as big a notbook for my layouts cause the pages won't take up as much room!! Course with digital I can take way more pictures......so who knows, maybe it will even out!! LOL


Anyway, I will hopefully still get some done on the computer but if you don't see many layouts, you will know its cause I am still working on getting them into books!! I have some friends comming at the end of the month, and I would really like to be finished with it so one of the stacks of stuff thats is on my counter in my office is gone!! LOL Oh well we will see!!


I entered several layouts in a layout contest during Fair week this last week at DigiScrapit.com. I didn't really expect to win, ether any of the catagories, or the big win of best of show. Well I didn't win best of show, but I did win the card catagory for the card I made my Mom on Mothers day (I didn't think any of my cards that I entered where that good either, in fact I almost didn't enter them!!! LOL) and I got two honorable mentions in a couple other catagories, one of them being the photography catagory!!!! I have to say I was surprised!

1 comment:

  1. comment from old blog:

    Kali (unverified): Congratulations on winning some contests! I know you don't think you should of but I do!!! LOL!! I think you should have won with the layouts too! Just my opinion!! Love You!!
    July 13, 2006, 06:12 PM

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!