If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fields of Sunflowers

Sunflower Field

I've always liked seeing a field of sunflowers...it's not something we see all that much around here (not that I get out much, so who knows, there could be more than I know), but on the road trip to get our new puppy, we saw a couple fields of them. They really make a field beautiful!! Course I don't think the ones we saw the other day was as pretty as one's I've seen in the past...I think the sunflower was a little different variety, but it was still pretty.

Sunflower Field

The odd part about it was, they were all still facing east, even though the sun had traveled to the west...always before, when we saw a field of them, they followed the sun, but maybe we saw them earlier in the year...because just this morning DH sent me a link to an article about sunflower fields, and it said they follow the sun till they are pollinated, then they face east, strange! LOL Course that made it easier for me to get good photos, since it was late afternoon when we stopped, and the field road we pulled into was on the east side of the field. LOL

Sunflower Field

The flowers wern't real huge...only like 6 inches across (not counting the petals) or so and not real tall, but they sure were eye catching as you drove down the road.

I wish we would have fields of them close around here more...so I could enjoy seeing their bright sunny faces more often. :)

3 comments:

  1. I love sunflowers. Your photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a field of sunflowers before. It looks so pretty!

    http://scrapgrrl.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!