If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, October 15, 2010

Smarty Pants!

Cutie

I knew it was just a matter of time before Peaches figured out the outside dog door. Monday I was out on the porch gathering up my soap to get labels on it, when I saw she was scratching at the dog door so I shoved her out it. Later that day I had DH go outside and I stood inside and we shoved her back and forth a few times and called her, till she started going through it herself.

The next day I decided to make her go in and out that way for the most part, so took her out to the porch and said "Outside!" and then shoved her through...and when she was ready to come in, I went out and shoved her back through. It only took one time as a reminder and she was off and running in and out on her own!! She likes to come in running full out like she is so happy & proud of herself, it's so cute.

Yesterday afternoon we had a guy here to finally repair our dishwasher and I shoved the dogs outside because they both love people and I didn't want them to bother him. I figured it wouldn't be to long before they came in, but Autumn just went and lay down on the lounge chair, and Peaches stayed by the door wanting back in...till she figured out I wasn't going to let her, then she took off around the house and came in herself. I had to laugh at her, and held her till he left. I let Autumn in, and she minds when I tell her to leave him alone...but I knew Peaches wouldn't, least not yet. We still need to work on the minding at all times thing. Have I mentioned she is kinda spoiled to? LOL

Well I better get off here, just wanted to share about Peaches learning the dog door, have a great weekend everyone I'll catch ya next week. :)

1 comment:

  1. I remember training a couple cats we had (before we had the kids) to use a pet door. They loved that thing! *lol*

    http://scrapgrrl.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!