If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Have a Wonderful Thanksgiving!!

Autumn Sugar

All of us here on this Hillbilly farm, would like to wish all of our loved ones and friends (which include all of you reading this I hope!) a Happy Thanksgiving!! I hope everyone stays safe this holiday weekend and has a wonderful time with friends and/or family. :)

I hope everyone is pretty much ready for Thanksgiving if it's at your house this year!! I have a few more things that need done (had a doc appointment this afternoon, so didn't get as much done today as I would have liked...but I'll survive. I did get some cheese and three pies made this morning, so that was nice.

We are expecting company this year for Thanksgiving, which is wonderful. Since we always seemed to have a full house growing up (either at my Mom & Dad's or most often at my Grandparents, I have to admit I love having friends and/or family around for the holiday. With milking it's kinda hard to go spend it with our beloved family (since it's so far), so...I was happy when my hubby told me a friend was going to come over. :)

Other Idle Rambles:

It's turned cold here today, and windy, which makes it seem even colder. We have had some trouble with our furnace so had to have someone come take a look at it this morning for fear we would be left in the cold sometime. Yesterday morning it was lots colder in the house than it should have been. Naturally today it was working just fine and not even making the strange noise it's been making...so the guy messed with it but couldn't really tell if he "fixed" it, since it wasn't showing him the problem. Story of our lives I think.

We had a doxie one time that hurt his leg and limped around for a day or two, so we finally took him to the vet and when we put him down for the vet to see him walk, he was just fine, no limp at all. When we got home he "found" the limp again, silly muttly. The vet just laughed and said its not the first time it had happened. The furnace kinda made me think of that. *giggle*

We've also been busy with deer this last weekend. We got 4 more (after the 2 we got before rifle season started) so for the 3rd year in a row we had 6 deer given to us. A little much this year, with wanting to still get the calf in the freezer, so we gave some of it to a friend, but it's sure nice to have more in our freezer now! :) Praise God for his wonderful bounty this year, he has been generous with the free food!

Speaking of free food, a friend gave us some pheasant. I've never had that before, so it will be interesting to cook it up and see what it's like. DH was practically drooling over it. *giggle* No I'm not cooking it in place of our Thanksgiving turkey...gotta have that turkey if at all possible, it's tradition. LOL

Thankful:

I think this is the first year, since I started Digital Scrapbooking, that I've not scrapped a Thankful Layout. :( I've just not had much time and sad to say, not been in the mood to actually think of that kind of a layout, so I think it's going to have to pass this year. I am really thankful for a lot of things though, just was kinda hard to put it in layout form...especially without a lot of time.

I'm really a lucky woman, even though we've had a harder year, with repairs and not so wonderful news here and there I still realize we are blessed. I thank God for our farm, our animals, our doxie's, the food we have managed to get for this winter and most especially my hubby being the special wonderful Man that he is!! I also am thankful for the friends and family who have been there for us when we have needed them this year, either to talk to, or to help us out. Thanks so much!!

Ok, I better get off here and get to work or I won't be ready for tomorrow. *giggle* Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and stay safe if you are traveling!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Deb! I hope you have a wonderful one!!!

    http://scrapgrrl.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!