If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Sour Dough Starter

Sour Dough starter

Wow...can you believe it? I have what looks like sour dough starter! Amazing!!!

Well it is for me, since it took me FOREVER to be able to get milk to clabber in my house. I thought for sure this was going to be another one of those things that would bug me for months, before I managed to get it to work for me...but it surprised me! Just a week or so after I started trying to grow my own starter, it's growing and filling the jar now, between feedings! Yippee!!!

Course, just because it looks right, doesn't mean it is...to me it kinda smells odd, but I don't really know what sour dough starter is suppose to smell like, as I've never had any before (or sour dough bread for that matter) but hopefully as it grows it will start smelling better to me...either cause it is smelling better, or cause I get used to the smell. LOL

I'll keep feeding it for a little longer, before trying to make anything with it...to give it a chance to get a little stronger...and hopefully smell better. :)

Least I may be on the right track to be able to start learning to make sour dough items...DH should be happy about that, cause he is the one who first mentioned that it would be neat if I could make some sour dough bread. Not going to try that first, but there are other things that I can try, that are suppose to be easier to make. Then, once I learn them...I'll try some of that bread he wants. :)

I even found a good use for my fancy (for me) cell phone! I use the alarm to remind me to give the starter, it's evening feeding. I usually remember the morning one, cause I'm in the kitchen, but was having trouble with the evening one, so now my phone tells me to go feed it. Knew that fancy new thing would be good for something! *giggle*

I just think it's so cool that I got the starter looking like I've heard it's suppose to. If I'm lucky I won't kill it...like I do a lot of plants I've had over the years. *giggle*

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got it figured out. :) ... It looks cool in the jar. :)

    http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!