If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Monday, July 02, 2012

Final wedding photos


Kali's Wedding Photo's

My niece has been married for just over a week now, and I finally have all the photos I took at her wedding "fixed" as well as I could get them fixed and uploaded to flicker! I'm glad to have them done, so now I can get back to unpacking...something that I'll probably be doing for some time, since I'm having trouble finding a place for everything.  You can see all the wedding photos on flicker here if you want!

Kali's Wedding Photo's

The actual wedding ceremony was really kinda short...which was nice cause we could get on with everything else. Kali had trouble getting the ring on his finger...but they had told her the night before that if she did don't worry about it, just carry on and he can get it on later. They were pronounced husband and wife and the celebrating commenced!

Kali's Wedding Photo's

Kali had bubbles instead of rice planned, so...being the mean Aunt and Uncle that we are, we brought the rice ourselves. LOTS of it! *giggle* Contrary to popular opinion, rice doesn't kill birds, and to me a wedding isn't complete without it. LOL So...hubby opened the 3 gallon bucket of rice we had, and put a bunch in her car, and then handed it out to whoever wanted it. The woman in the photo above said she was going to pay Kali back for dumping a bunch down her dress at her wedding...so she snuck up behind her and shoved a handful down the front of her dress. Kali said she didn't do that...but even if it wasn't really payback, it was still funny...although lying about it wasn't necessary to my way of thinking. I didn't get a good photo of the event...but had to keep it even so, cause it was funny, and it shows just how MUCH rice was raining down on them! :-))

Kali's Wedding Photo's

After the ceremony and the rice, it was time for more official photos, and I managed to be get some while the photographer was too. The photographer was REALLY nice, and we talked some here and there throughout the afternoon. I can't wait to see what she came up with!

Kali's Wedding Photo's

Once all the photos were done, the reception started, and the usual cake/garter/bouquet toss happened. It was a lot of fun to watch, and once again I was glad I wasn't the photographer so I could enjoy myself, and take photos of what I wanted to take photos of, instead of trying to get everything that was going on.

Kali's Wedding Photo's
Since my camera was being mean to me and made me miss the first kiss, I told them I needed a kiss photo so they were happy to help me out! *giggle*

Kali's Wedding Photo's

After their first dance together, they had a dollar dance, to raise a little extra money for their honeymoon. I got a few photos of them dancing with people, including this one of Kali dancing with her father. I did donate to their honeymoon fund...but didn't cash in and get a dance, I left that up to hubby...he bought a dance with Kali. :-))

Kali's Wedding Photo's

When Kali went back over to the church to get changed, DH and I tagged along...and so we were there when she discovered all the rice in her car. ROFL It was priceless....I was SO GLAD we were there! At first she thought someone else did it, but it didn't take her long to figure out her Uncle Galen was behind that part of her car being trashed. *snicker*

The rice was down in all her clothes too, cause her bag hadn't been closed, when he tossed the rice in the car. So...once she was changed, and her hubby got changed and came to put his bag in the car, she took it over to her Uncle and had him put some of the rice that was left in it too...so her clothes wasn't the only ones full of rice. Needless to say I got a good giggle out of that too. :-))

Kali's Wedding Photo's

After hugs all around, we watched them drive off, dragging the string of pop cans behind them.

It was a good day, I had a lot of fun, and enjoyed watching my sweet, beautiful niece get married. It's hard to believe she is now a married woman, not to mention the fact that she is expecting our great niece/nephew in a few months. She is all grown up now, and moving on to a new life. Thankfully we only live a few miles from her now, so God willing, will get to be a bigger part of her and her families lives.

Now, as I'm able to start breathing a little easier...with our "move" getting close to being over, I'm able to start getting a little more excited about the new life that is growing, and start wondering what he or she will be like. I'm going to be a Great Aunt again!! Yippee!! ;-))

2 comments:

  1. Looks like they had such a wonderful wedding day! Glad you're able to find energy to post these photos. All that moving sounds downright exhausting. I cannot even imagine. I hope life begins smoothing out and settling down for the two of you, very, very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! Don't you hate it when the camera is being cranky and you miss an awesome shot! That has happened to me, especially during my niece's wedding. I think I was taking too many pictures, and it got tired. *lol*

    http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!