If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, June 21, 2013

This and That


It's been an off week here in some ways...I didn't manage to get any cheese made, we were gone on Monday which seemed to throw everything off. LOL I've been really tired so haven't gotten as much done as I would like...not to mention getting out to the poor garden where I'm sure the weeds are taking over.

I have managed to work with some strawberries since the Amish farm a few miles to the north of us still has had strawberries! I've made some fruit leather and a few dried strawberries. We are LOVING both of them! Wish I could have done a lot more, but there are only so many strawberries we can afford! LOL We will sure enjoy snacking on what I have made though.

DH took a couple of the rolls of fruit leather up to where we get the strawberries and they fell in love with them...so I think they are going to try and come up with a way to do it themselves...but not having electricity they have to do it the old fashioned way. Course I'm not sure how they will puree the strawberries...guess that's something they will have to figure out themselves, if they don't have one of the hand crank blenders I've seen.

In other news:

I've also been checking into smugmug.com for my photos, since I can't stand flicker now they have changed. It's way to slow and "busy" with how they have it set up now...and I'm totally sick of seeing it when I log on. Smugmug is not quite as cheap, but...we have way more control over how our part of the site looks, and I'm really liking that and how I can set up my galleries...so I'm moving things over there and will start using it.

It will take me forever to get everything setup I think, cause I still have to copy and paste the descriptions...and I have over 5000 photo's on flicker, so...could be at it for months! LOL Depending on how much time I spend at my computer, which has been a lot more than normal the last few days...but I can't keep doing that and get anything else done, so that will have to slow down.

Smugmug's customer service has been great though, any question I've had has been answered, even though some of those were answered in their help section and I just hadn't been able to find it. Gotta love being able to actually get help with something!

Other than that, not much going on that is new different and exciting! LOL Hopefully next week is a better week for me...although hay may be in our future (if the rain holds off) so...we will see how that goes. Hopefully I'm not as tired, or I'll really be dragging after helping pick up hay!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!! :-))

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:18 AM

    Some have moved to Ipernity .... and they like it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!