If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Monday, August 19, 2013

Blackberry Cream Pie


Two or three weeks ago, when we were out picking up some of the peaches we got, we stopped to see if any of our Amish neighbor's wanted us to pick some up for them. DH got out and went to talk to them, while my Mom and I stayed in the car. As it happens, two of the places we stopped at, had a pie ready to give him...how it ended up that he got two pies in the same day I don't know, but Mom and I chuckled about that...and sampled the blackberry pie later that day at lunch (the other was custard, which I'm not fond of...but hubby loves them). The blackberry was so good I had DH get the recipe for it, and finally managed to make one myself this weekend.

It seems super easy to make, although the lady who gave us the recipe said she sometimes has trouble with it...so who knows, maybe it was a fluke that it turned out for me! LOL I do think next time I'll wait to add the fruit till after I have it mixed well, so I don't have to mix it to much and turn the cream purple...it's prettier if it's white, but other than that it turned out well and was really yummy!

I'll have to try a peach one too one of these days...and on that one I will probably add the cinnamon on top...I didn't use the cinnamon on the blackberry one.

Hope you enjoy the recipe, it's been a while since I shared one.  It's not the prettiest pie I've ever made...but it sure was yummy!

Blackberry Cream Pie
Printable recipe

1 1/2 cups blackberries (or other berry or fruit like peaches)
1 cup sugar
1 cup cream
1 heaping tablespoon flour
1/4 tsp. salt
cinnamon on top (optional...would be good for peach cream pie!)

Mix sugar, flour & salt in a bowl. Add cream and stir together. Add fruit and stir just till mixed in.

Pour into an unbaked pastry shell and bake at 400 degrees for 10 minuets then reduce heat to 350 and bake until juice looks syrupy or until it seems set.

*Note: I baked until it was bubbling all the way into the middle, not just around the outside. I also mixed my berries in to soon...so it turned the cream more purple, instead of leaving it white, so next time I will not mix the fruit in till I have everything else mixed together well.

I got this recipe from one of our Amish neighbor's after they gave us a pie and we loved it so much I had to have the recipe! :-))

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. You sure have nice neighbors. :) Joe would LOVE that pie!

    http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!