If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Nature's Beauty

Pear Blossoms

Yesterday I went outside and played with my camera again. I actually put on my bigger zoom lens, something I don't use most of the time, because when I am with the goats they come right up to me some of the time, so I don't want a lens on my camera that will make me back off from them to get photos...that makes it bad for getting some of them, when they are a ways off, but I live with it...since I can't afford a different lens. This is one of the photos I took of the pear blossoms, I just love the blue and white background with the green and white leaves and flowers. I also love how I can take photos of things way up above my head with my zoom lens and have it look like I'm right by it...although I'd really like to have double the zoom sometimes, but what I have helps a lot, so I can't complain.

This morning I was mixing up some bread when I ran out of flour (Yes I use some white flour in my bread still...not just the fresh ground wheat) so I had to come into the utility room to get another bag of it out of the freezer...which is right by my office, so naturally I had to stop in and see if I had any e-mail. I looked out the window and saw a bird in the red bud tree, so grabbed my camera (which luckily still had my long lens on it oddly enough, cause I almost never leave it on when I'm done with it) and took some photo's through my window. (which really could use a good cleaning, so I don't have to dodge spots! *giggle*)

I played with them this morning and made a couple layouts out of just the photos...well and a few borders too. LOL I don't do that all that often, usually I use a kit, but I thought I'd try it for a change, cause I loved how the photos turned out...especially the two on the 2nd page! I like the first page, but the white in the background (which is our driveway) isn't as pretty as the green of the apple tree...which is getting more and more green every day.

I really think this is one of the most beautiful times of the year, when you have that new green showing up all over, and flowers and birds stopping by to say Hello. I know I love fall too, and it's really hard to decide which I prefer...but I do know they are BOTH the most beautiful seasons in my opinion. While winter and summer can be beautiful too, they are either to cold, or too hot, so I can't enjoy them as much.

Anyway, I need to go finish some things in the kitchen...and maybe grab a slice of that bread that is fresh out of the oven, so I better get off here. I hope everyone is having a great day and thanks so much for your comments! :)

Oh and I'll leave you with one last photo of the birds, if you click on it, it should take you to our flicker account, if you want to see what I've put on there lately.
Our morning Visitors


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful pictures, as always... Someday I hope to get a fancy camera that I can change lenses on... I just have an automatic... I want a Canon Digital Rebel. :D (Maybe I can sweet talk Joe into one with our next tax returns.)

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!