If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Fabulous Week!!

I DARE Ya!

This last week has been a welcome break from the winter weather here on Hillbilly Hill Farm. Temps in the 40's, 50's & 60's...with a day of 70+ has really been appreciated by us and all our animals.

Peaches gazes longingly out the front windows, wishing she could go out ALL the time. The little fenced in back yard just isn't good enough, she wants the wide open spaces. I can't say I blame her, but I just can't spend all day outside watching her so she has to make do with the back yard most of the time. LOL One of these days we will be able to afford to enlarge the fenced in yard...hopefully. :)

Yesterday, during our outside romp, Peaches initiated a stare down with Autumn, which ended up in a impromptu wiener dog race. LOL (Sorry for the blurry photos.)

I DOUBLE DOG DARE Ya!

They leap towards each other...

Wiener Dog Races


...then Autumn turns and starts racing the other way with Peaches on her tail.

Auntumn Is In The Lead...


Autumn keeps the lead for a few feet...

Outta My Way, Old Woman!


...then Peaches goes neck and neck with her, then takes the lead.

I Can FLY!


Course it really wasn't a fair race, since it put a 7 month old up against a 9 year old, but they had fun anyway. LOL Autumn just looks like a big blob here, as she "floats" through the air. Not the best photos, but as I've said before...I don't do real well with action photos and can't seem to find time to study and try to remember HOW to do them. LOL

Turning Radius


It was a short race, but fun to watch. As I've said before, it's so good to see Autumn feeling more like playing lately. Maybe that means she is through grieving for Rascal...least I hope so for the most part. I'm just waiting for her to start teaching Peaches how much fun it is to dig up the back yard and bring the mud inside...I'm sure she will once spring comes since it's one of her favorite things to do...after tormenting toads anyway. LOL

I told Autumn yesterday, that she needed to teach Peaches to hunt, because that's what Autumn does when we go out for our walks...but Peaches just runs around in circles, zipping this way and that, as the mood takes her. Out wandering aimlessly in the big wide open spaces. It's really funny to watch her though. She loves running full out, going no where in particular...and will sometimes do big wide circles around me, as we are walking, so she can come back and see what is taking me so long, before going out ahead again. *giggle*

Ok, gotta run, have a great weekend, and don't forget to sign up for the giveaway I'm hosting in this thread here! I'll be back tomorrow or Monday to announce the winner. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like those two have lots of fun on the farm! :)

    http://scrapgrrl.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!