If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Monday, January 23, 2012

A new chicken dish.

Chicken & Rice in pan sauce


I'm always on the lookout for new recipes I can try, especially if they are super easy and use ingredients that I've been learning to make from scratch myself like the chicken broth and cream cheese that is used in the following recipe.

When I saw this recipe I saw that it looked easy and used two of the ingredients I've been enjoying making lately, so thought I'd give it a try. It was an instant hit, both for me AND my hubby and is now my favorite chicken dish...least till I get tired of it. LOL

Hope you like it too!

Chicken & Rice with pan sauce
Printable recipe

Two Chicken Breasts
Oil for cooking the chicken
1 1/2 cups chicken broth
8 oz cream cheese
1 tab chopped fresh parsley (optional)

Cut up chicken and fry it in ghee (or your favorite oil) till browned and cooked through.

Add the broth and cream cheese and cook, stirring till sauce reduces and thickens.

Add parsley if you have it, and stir in. Serve over brown rice.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it would be yummy with some vegetables in it too...or just serve them on the side like I did. :)

A super easy yet tasty way to use up that homemade chicken or turkey broth you made, as well as the homemade cream cheese. :-))

Adapted from a recipe I found from Kraft.

Post links to: Fat Tuesday, Traditional Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Scrounger4:05 PM

    EXCELLENT dish, Dear! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Joe would be very interested to try that. *lol* :)

    http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!