If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, June 12, 2014

Miracle's Happen!

I finally managed to go butterfly hunting...didn't find to many, since I won't go out where I can get poison ivy, but I caught a couple with my camera for the first time in two or three years!  Hopefully I can get out more this year and get better at taking photos again...I've gotten kinda rusty!
A butterfly I captured with my camera while out butterfly hunting today!!

Yes, miracle's really DO happen!

It's been several years since I've gone out butterfly hunting. With our move, I fought poison ivy the first summer...so didn't venture out to far, even once I (FINALLY) got rid of it. I DIDN'T want to catch it again. I still have that problem...but am trying to stay away from the worst places it's growing.

Also...last summer my foot was bothering me so much I tried to rest it as much as I could. I figured out that even just walking on the uneven ground could cause a bad flair up...so I stopped walking around outside lots, when I had free time. Pain and I don't do well together.

The miracle I'm talking about is, after a year of flair ups...and using special shoe inserts for plantar fascitiis, not to mention the special brace I bought to wear at night (WHAT A PAIN THAT WAS...sleeping happened, just not as well as usual. I'm one who hates to wear socks to bed, so a big bulky brace was NOT my cup of tea LOL) as well as foot stretches with and without an elastic band a friend of mine sent me (THANKS DJ!) my foot pain seems to have slowed WAY down! I'm still skeptical that it's "gone" but...we will see how things go through canning season. If it doesn't flair back up by the time THAT'S over...maybe...I will go out on a limb and say it's better! LOL

Nothing seemed to totally help...I'm not for SURE what finally got me over the major pain. The shoe inserts helped a little, but not a lot...the brace did help some, but didn't stop the flair ups, and major pain. The stretching helped...but still had lots of pain with it. I rested it a lot this winter and spring...so not sure if that finally helped...or if my herbal salve worked.

I did start rubbing some of my herbal salve into my feet 2-3 weeks before I finally noticed that my foot pain was better, (NOT to see if it would work...but for a different reason) so I'm wondering if THAT did it...but can't really say for sure, and with summer being here and it being our busy season, i'm afraid to check it out and stop using it, to see if it comes back. So...till canning season is over, I'll be doing what I can to keep it in check...including using my herbal salve on my feet everyday!

I finally managed to go butterfly hunting...didn't find to many, since I won't go out where I can get poison ivy, but I caught a couple with my camera for the first time in two or three years!  Hopefully I can get out more this year and get better at taking photos again...I've gotten kinda rusty!
Another butterfly I caught with my camera while it was sitting on a tree.

I am going to hopefully (when I have time and remember to) start going out walking around, looking for butterflies though...unless I notice my foot pain coming back again, cause it's so fun to capture them with my camera...and I really need the exercise, not to mention the practice at taking their photos cause I'm so rusty now with my camera. LOL

I've been so THRILLED the last 2-3 weeks, since I first realized I wasn't having so much heel pain, and our last shopping trip was so much nicer, cause I could still WALK by the time we got home!  I almost danced into the house, cause of the relief of no heel pain, even if I was still kinda tired after the long day out and about.  There has been several times over the last few weeks that I've not been able to stop myself from chattering with excitement about my lack of heel pain to anyone who happened to be around me.  You have NO IDEA how WONDERFUL it feels, unless you TO, have had to deal with this pain.  Yes, I still have problems...but least I can walk now!  *knock on wood*  I'm still being pretty careful...but will hopefully stop being so careful as time goes by.

I snapped a couple photos of the cicada's while I was butterfly hunting.  They have been loud this year!
A cicada I saw on one of our apple trees while butterfly hunting.

Needless to say, with less pain in my heel, I'm going to enjoy the beauty around us just a tad bit more! Pain dulls everything as I'm sure most of you know. If I'm on my feet a lot, I can still have foot pain...just not (so far...for the past few weeks) that horrible pain I was having a lot of over the last year. I'm so thankful to God for the relief! Praise Yahweh for my own personal miracle, even if it comes back, the break has been WONDERFUL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you!