If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Sunday, July 02, 2006

Our Towns 150th Birthday

This weekend was our towns 150th birthday. My DH entered his 8n tractor in the tractor show yesterday, so spent most of the day, in town talking to other tractor nuts. Today they had birthday cake and ice cream on the court house lawn so we went in and had some of that. After that they had a flyover with a helicopter and I got a decent picture of it flying with some flags in the foreground (on layout to left, Credit: Mrs Schmuck's contribution of June RAKScraps mega kit.). Unfortunately the helicopter isn’t to close. I did have a great position for a good close up of the side but the time I think I would have maybe got it all, I pushed the button down on the camera and nothing happen. I then tried again, but only got part of the helicopter. Needless to say I was really disappointed in that.



I did get several decent pictures today though. I even tried for the first time to get fireworks pictures (as they also had the fireworks tonight, instead of waiting for Tuesday night, so they could round off the big celebration with them!!) and some of them turned out ok too. I haven’t ever really taken night pictures before, so was pleased, I got something ok. LOL I mean usually I would rather have a great photo, but I can’t complain since it was my first time, and I got a few I think I can use in layouts! We don’t have to go into town to watch them either!! Course that means we can’t see the ground ones, but we just go to the top of the hill above the house and sit in our pasture, and watch them. I love doing that, cause we don’t have to fight traffic after they are over!!!! LOL



I can’t wait to scrap my pictures, but don’t know when I will have time to get to them. Hopefully I can squeeze a few in in the next couple of weeks, but we will see!! Got to get my other pictures in the books finally!! It will be nice to have that done too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you!