If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Fruit Tart & Berry Parfait

Berry Parfait

I'm hot and tired right now, so think I'll just post this recipe post I had put together last week, and never got around to posting. I just came in from working outside, and got a little to hot. I grabbed my laptop and headed for the cool bedroom so I could relax a little bit before bed. Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

This month is all about Deserts in the Blush ~n~ Dusty Yahoo Group's Recipe Exchange, so I thought I'd share a favorite springtime desert of mine here on my blog. (This isn't the desert I'm going to be scrapping for the exchange.)

I actually haven't made this for quite a while...I'd kinda gotten away from doing to many "dairy" products, because of the store bought stuff not agreeing with me, and so haven't really gotten back to making some of them. Well with needing to do my favorite dishes so I can get photos (such as they are...I'm NOT a food photographer! *giggle*)for the cookbook I'm scrapping, I decided I had to do this fruit tart again, when the berries went on sale this spring. I finally managed to get some, so decided I better play with this recipe. Besides we are getting plenty of cream right now so playing with a little bit of it is no hardship. :)

Since it's been a while since I made it, and I actually had gotten a new pan since I made it last (this one is ceramic, the last one I had got rusty from not using it LOL) I didn't realize how much bigger my last pan must have been from what I have now. I also didn't remember the bottom crust should have been thinner. Oops. LOL Oh well, it's still really good!

I had leftovers of the filling and berries so I use them to make a berry parfait. Don't you just LOVE leftovers! These were sure yummy. I just scooped the filling into the glass, and layered some chopped berries with the glaze poured over them between layers of the filling. Yummmmm, it was SO good!!

Anyway, if you love fruit like we do, I'm sure you will love either of these deserts, and may even manage to make the fruit tart prettier than mine was, especially if the pan is larger, so you have more room. You could use any fruit you like on this, I'm just partial to berries.


Fruit Tart

Fruit Tart
Printable Recipe

Crust:
1/4 cup Butter, Softened
1/2 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
1/4 teaspoon Lemon Extract
1 1/4 cups Flour
1/4 teaspoon Baking powder
1/4 teaspoon Baking soda
1/4 teaspoon Salt

Filling:
4 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1/4 cup powdered Sugar
1 cup Whipped Cream

Glaze:
1/4 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Orange Juice
1/4 cup Water
2 teaspoons Cornstarch

Cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and add to creamed mixture. Beat well. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.

Press dough into a greased 12 inch tart pan. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely.

For filling: Beat cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Add whipped cream and mix well. Spread over cooled crust.

Arrange whatever fruit you like over the top.

For Glaze: Combine glaze ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for two minutes or until thickened. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Brush over the fruit on the tart.

Store in the refrigerator.

Note: If you want extra filling for the parfaits double the filling recipe! :)

This recipe is adapted from one I found years ago in a magazine...just not for sure which one it was since I didn't seem to keep the magazine. I'm thinking it was "Taste of Home" but can't be for sure. Sorry I can't really give credit!

1 comment:

  1. If Jared saw that picture of your berry parfait, he would be drooling. *lol*

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!