If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, January 08, 2009

The cutest time of the year.


Five long months ago, Buckingham left the only home he had ever known, for new pastures. He left his mother, father, brother and half siblings along with cousins. He left his play mates behind, and I'm sure he was a little on the frightened side. If he had been able to stay where he was, he may have had to contend with other "billys" to be able to "play" with any of his would be girlfriends, but he was happy and content, living among his friends. He didn't know just where he was going, or if he would like it, or would have any friends there, so I'm sure he was wishing he could have stayed where he grew up.

Now, 5 month's later, we can see just how quickly he made new friends, and how much fun he had "playing". The instant he got to his new pasture, he was surrounded by females that were REALLY happy to see him. We have been expecting the babies to start coming (goat babies take 5 months), but Chocolate is the only one who has been looking like she would kid, any day now...for over two weeks, (because of the sign's she has been showing) and yet Romper did it to us again this year, and surprised us with no warning (although we did know she was expecting, she just hadn't gotten milk yet, or dropped, or anything like usually they do) by having twins on Tuesday evening, after we got home from shopping. She lost her little girl, it wasn't doing well right from the start, couldn't hardly lift it's head or anything, but she may not have been able to support two on the amount of milk she has, so its probably for the best. That first photo is of her son, and he is adorable...to me anyway, he has a dark head, like his father, with just a touch of white on his nose.

Last night Showgirl had a baby girl! She of course is cute too, and has what sometimes looks like a little heart on her forehead. Her head is not as dark, although it has a darker stripe down the back of it. She was crying for Mom when we went out to the barn for photo's this afternoon, and DH said she probably wouldn't like it when I picked her up, but she actually got quiet and enjoyed being held...course it could have something to do with possibly being warmer in my arms. I however will keep telling myself its because she liked me. *giggle*



Chocolate however, still hasn't had her babies, so we decided to let her out to get a little sunshine, and a little more exercise, for a hour or so this afternoon. She had trouble walking, she looks swaybacked when she is walking, although she isn't, and moves REALLY slow and I swear she almost drags on the ground at times, and is for sure waddling, but she still wants to hang onto her babies. She has dropped (as you can see in the photo below...she did that over two weeks ago) she has some milk, she has sunk in, just under her back bone, like they will sometimes...that was several days ago, yet here she is, still keeping her babies (there HAS to be more than one) warm inside her. Hopefully she has them soon, I feel so sorry for her!



While we were outside, letting Chocolate get some sun, DH decided to get some ear corn, and give the goats some treats. They surrounded him, and climbed all over him, and devoured the corn, then wanted more. It was so funny watching them, although at least one time they almost knocked DH over, in their feeding frenzy. It was almost like a shark attack, but I had to laugh at their antics. You can see more photo's on flicker, of the shark attack...as well as more of Chocolate's fat tummy, and the babies.



As you can see I've had some fun with our new cuties, and now you know why I think its the cutest time of the year. I can't wait to see how many we end up with this year, last year we didn't have all that many, and what we did have, had trouble surviving, between one thing or another, so hopefully this year we do much better. I so enjoy watching them, and I always LOVE babies. LOL

Today, even though I didn't get near enough done (have some class work I need to get started on and haven't yet) I had a good day, between enjoying the goats and getting the camera strap in the mail, that I had ordered. I hadn't even thought to look for a pretty one, till I saw someone mention they got one, on their blog. So I went looking on Etsy (cause I hate shopping on e-bay anymore) and found a bunch on there, but since I wanted purple (big surprise) I narrowed the field and found the perfect one for me, at this shop here. Its lavender, with flowers. :) You can see a closer photo here, because she has another one for sale now in her shop. I had to steal DH's camera to take the photo below, and it's not as easy to see the design in it. I'm really happy with it, because the other one I had was so stiff and a little wider, so it was uncomfortable, when I put it around my neck.



As you can see, I haven't gotten scrapping done this week yet. Kinda doubt I will, with other things to do. We had to do our shopping on Tuesday, which took all day, with a VA appointment, and yesterday we were gone part of the day too, so my schedule is just all out of whack! LOL One of these days...hopefully I'll get busy. I do hope you are all having a good week, and thanks for your comments!

I'm going to leave you with a photo that for some reason I really like, of Rosy. If you have made it all the way through this post, and still want to see more of the photo's I took today of our goats...including some more of the babies, don't forget to visit our flicker site, there are more on there! Have a wonderful weekend! :)



1 comment:

  1. They are so cute. Hope the goat today went ahead and did ok.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!