If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Saturday, February 25, 2006

Neighbors

We are so lucky to have a neighbor that lives just up the road to the north. He has been helping my DH with getting some of our scrub evergreen trees cut. They are out of control on our property, and they grow really fast. The back 20 is totally overgrown, and was before we bought the place. My DH can remember when it was cleaned out and usable, now a rabbit would have a hard time getting through the trees. Unfortunatly the trees arn't the good kind.
Our neighbor is really helpful, he has watered, and fed the chickens when we had to be gone, and helps us out whenever he can. He watches our place and we watch his if he is gone. His wife was just told she has cancer, so we are praying for them both. It is amazing how someone who isn't even related can be so helpful, and friendly, while DH's own brother who lives just over the hill, does his best to advoid us. I will never understand how my DH's parents could have possibly been his too. I guess I just got lucky!! I got the good one!! LOL
Ok, I know, I am rambling! LOL I don't think I have stuck with the subject of our neighbor on any of the paragraphs!
I remember growning up, there was one neighbor who was what I think of when I think of someone being neighborly. The other neighbors were really nice, and would help us if we needed it, but this other one, (I don't remember them alot as they moved before I got very old, but I do remember them) for some reason was a "neighbor". I remember visiting them several times. Also if Mom and Dad said they were going to the neighbors house, I knew it was their house, not the other ones, even though there were a couple that were closer. I think if I were a more out going person, this neighbor, of ours, and his wife would be our "neighbor", as they are both really friendly and helpful. Since I tend to be quiet, we don't get together lots to talk, but I know they are there if we need them, and hopefully they know we are here if they need us. As a mater of fact they are comming over tonight for supper, so I suppose I should get off the computer and make sure everything is ready.
Hopefully all of you have your own "neighbor" whom you know and love! It is a wonderful thing to be neighborly! I know I need to work on it more, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you!