If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, June 15, 2007

I'm on a roll today!

I got 4 layouts done this morning...granted, they aren't major hard ones, and all used the same kit, and the same kind of pictures, but to already be done with 4 is amazing for me!! LOL Course I cheated, and kept my office door shut, so all the distractions would mostly stay out, so that really helped. That way I had some time to help my DH get hay into the barn, feed the little pigs we call goats, that think they always have to have handouts, and watch one of our mother cats feed all the kittens...even the other mothers.

I didn't take my camera out with me, because I knew I was going to be carting hay bales around, and as soon as I got out there, I wished I had. Our two mother cats are so funny, they take turns feeding all the kittens (well there aren't a lot of them, only 5 or 6), and this time it was my favorite one that was doing it, and she just lay there with us walking back and forth a few inches from her, and looked quite content to have all the babies every which way along her belly. One of these times I hope I can get a picture of it!!

The chickens were right underfoot too because they think they should get a handout every time one of us goes to the barn (oh and yes, they usually do LOL). One of them started crowing and in the middle of the crow another rooster attacked him, as if to say "shut up"...so it cut the crow off in mid crow. It really sounded funny.

Our littlest goat is growing. He is still quite little, but not like he was when he was born. I think he may have been a bit on the small side when he was born, although his mom is small. He was chewing on his dad's beard for a little bit, which I thought was cute.

We have enough hay to make it through the winter now. The part where we keep the hay is almost full...course its not that big of a barn, so if we get more this year, we will be able to sell it for some extra money!! DH uses that for grain, and then he goes to auctions with the rest, and gets things...used metal fence posts, is something he's looking for right now. New ones, are really high, so if he can find them at auctions, he gets them there. We have a bunch of cross fences we hope to get up in the next year or two. Then we can have more pastures for goats! Not that they are starving by any means!! Billy looks like he should be delivering twins or triplets soon!!

Well I suppose I should stop rambling, and tell you about the layouts! LOL This is a trip my parents took, back east, when they went back for a craft show. They stopped here at Cape May and saw the lighthouse, and went wading in the ocean. I would love to go see the ocean again, as I only have once when my Uncle took my Grandma and I down to see another Uncle in Florida. One of these years, hopefully we can go on a vacation. We traveled for business for so long, we never wanted to go anywhere, but now that we don't...and now that I scrap....I want to go on a vacation sometime and take a bunch of pictures, that are different than my norm. LOL Maybe if we are really lucky, we can do something for our 25th anniversary. Better start saving some money! LOL Kentucky and Tennessee in October, with a quick trip to the sea sounds good, watch the trees change colors in the mountains!! Hmmmm I did it again, started rambling off on a tangent! LOL Guess thats all I can tell you about the layouts, cause I didn't go with them.

Kit Credit: Down by the seashore collection by Microferk Designs at Scrapbook Elements. I bought the whole collection, because I have some other pictures I can use it for too, unless I find something I like better! LOL Oh did you see, I ACTUALLY used an alpha!!!

Tomorrow I'm planning on putting some wordart on here, most of which I have used on a layout here and there. If I'm lucky I will get some cluster frames made too (depends on if I can work on some this evening or not), and put them up with the wordart. Sorry I haven't gotten a kit finished, I wanted to work on one I did papers for a long time ago, but couldn't think of what to put with it, so didn't. I am working on a kit though so at at least by July I should have an actual kit, although smaller than they have been. I guess you will have to be happy with wordart, and frames this month! Sorry! Oh it will be Dad wordart, so Happy Fathers Day!!!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!! I hope you have a Happy Fathers Day Daddy!! Have a great day, and do something fun!!

7 comments:

  1. Love all of your gorgeous layouts! You really got a lot of use out of the collection so far~ and I am SO happy to see you used the alpha, LOL!
    ~hugs~ miki ferkul

    ReplyDelete
  2. These LOs were great. I love the kit. Can you tell me where I can get it? Fabulous. Thanks for your Blog. Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to let you know that you left out the 't' in lighthouse. I know that I want to know when I do things like that before I have my pages printed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:35 PM

    Oh no! LOL I did, I can't believe I hadn't caught that!!! Thanks so much for telling me! I will try to get it changed tomorrow, although I don't know if I will change it on my blog or not. Thanks so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I hate to rain on your parade, and I love your nautical theme LOs, but just thought I'd point out that you missed the t out of lighthouse...hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL just saw that bneherzog already said that! oops!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jamie, these are fabulous kits..can't wait till you decide to sell them. Deb what an awesome thing you did for her... I just want you to know how much I enjoyed working with you at J3.. miss talking to you.
    Zryne

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!