If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, June 22, 2007

More Layouts, finally!

I managed a couple layouts today, even though, I was beginning to think I wouldn't even get started! LOL I wanted to try a cake recipe that Lara Payton sent through her yahoo group, and make some wonderful frozen fruit salid, which I haven't made for years. Its that time of year, where it is wonderful to have a cold fruity treat now and then, so I thought I would finally make some of it again.

I did finally get to my computer mid afternoon, and got these two layouts done. The first one is my parents on their 25th anniversary when they had a booth set up at Santi-cali-gone in Indep. Mo. I do have other pictures to go with this one but will do them another time, I just wanted this one by itself. I LOVE their big smiles!! I kept it simple so the photo would stand out. I blended two papers to get the background paper.

The 2nd layout is an old picture of my Grandmother. We don't know when it was taken, and actually have never seen another of them, and this one was found in my Grandma's wallet after he died. It was really worn, tattered, and torn, and I tried to fix it some, but I'm not to good at fixing photo's so this is as good as I could get it. However I thought it was so neat, that Grandpa had an old photo of my Grandmother in his wallet, that must have been there for years, and YEARS!! Who would have thought it, he just never seemed the type.

Kit Credit: The Bride - April Club kit by Teri Hanson/DZines at DigiZines Digital Den.

While I was working on that layout of my parents, I got to thinking about the fact that we are less than 10 years away from OUR 25th anniversary. Wow, it doesn't seem possible, and in a way makes me feel old. I think about where my parents were in their life on their 25th, and where we are now....it doesn't seem possible that we are almost there. Ok not almost, we still have 9 years, but still sometimes it doesn't seem like 9 years is that long, although alot can happen in 9 years. Where have the years gone.

Well I've been working on more layouts not for my parents eyes (yet) so haven't posted here again. LOL And will be doing more this weekend so prob won't post till next week, unless something happens, that I just have to tell. Or unless I am able to get more done, than I think. Then maybe I will squeeze in another layout or two, that they can see now. LOL At the rate I'm going, just to get the ones I know I want to do done, it could be another two or three weeks of not posting all of them. Then of course it will depend on if I think of more that I want to do, that they can't see till their anniversary. The reason it is takeing me so long to do these, is because I am taking extra care with them, because I want them to be as good as possible.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

3 comments:

  1. I Just Love all the wounderful Pages and Kits.
    I am Thankful their are people like you out there that care enough to do things like this. I wish I was as good.
    Thank- You so much...
    Vikki in Canton, Ohio

    ReplyDelete
  2. such beautiful LOs, Deb!! love that photo of your parents together & your vintage LO is gorgeous! hope the cake & fruit salad turned out wonderfully! yummmm fruit salad sounds GREAT right about now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful is the photo of your Mom & Dad as they enjoy themselves. I agree their smiles are so realistic because the joy is echoed through their eyes. Lovely scrap. Now your grandmother is a true dame of the time with spritely appearance. You can never judge a book by the cover & that definitely applied to your grandfather. Her photo is a treasure to preserve for future generations with its so eloquent embellishments a reminder of that time period. Love the lavender, it definitely complements the entire layout. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!