If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Monday, January 28, 2008

Finally got to work on my special project!!

Yep, this is the first page...well first page I have done, not the first page of the book....for that special project for my niece, and yes, its square!!! LOL Strange I know. I won't be doing the pages in order, just as I decide to! LOL These are several photo's of her, when she was 3 and under. I tried to pick some out, where she was with some of the many people who love her. This is a general one, Kinda for the start of a section on her younger years. I'm not totally sure how I'm going to set this up yet...I have some pages kinda figured out, but will just do most of them, as I go. It seems to be the way I work best! LOL Some of these could actually be used again, on a page with more journaling, if I want to do one, with more photo's of that kind. I have no idea how big this is going to end up....can't be more than 100 pgs! LOL I could have trouble, cause 100 pages, could add up fast!

Kit Credit: Gentle by Blushbutter

I really like how this page turned out! It took me long enough, so I should, but that doesn't always mean anything! *giggle* I love that gemstone heart I put around the title, I think it makes the page stand out more. The swirl that I put right on top of the background, doesn't show up all that much, but it did add something to the page, when I added it! I do love this kit!! The only question I have about the layout is...do the names and dates distract to much from the general layout? I like to have names and dates on all photo's....but when you have one like this with lots of photo's, it becomes hard to do it, and not make it look strange. If anyone has any opinions...or ideas how I could do it differently, yet still have them on this layout, feel free to let me know!

We got our enclosed porch back this weekend...after scrubbing (and scrubbing, and scrubbing some more) we managed to get it so I might actually go out there without shoes on...maybe....and then again, maybe not. Sorry to say, it was rather disgusting! However its nice to get it cleaned up...we are thinking about looking to see how much it would cost to buy paint that will seal the concrete though, so the stains don't show, and any smell left in it, will not keep annoying me. Once it totally airs out, we can get the daybed back out of the attic, and out there, cause Rascal used to love to sit out there on it, in the sun...and it was nice to be able to go out there and lounge at times. We need to finish the drywall...at least get it put up, whether we get it taped and mudded or not, so the drywall isn't sitting in our way. It seems there are always way to many things to do around here, but it makes life interesting I guess!!

Anyway, I better get this posted, so I can post it around and answer e-mails before its time to go to bed! LOL Thanks so much for your comments, and I hope everyone has a great week!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Deb this page is perfect and I love how you made the picture dates and names, I have no other way to do it than you do, for my family tree pages I wrote the names in the photo borders. You have to have the names as one day Kali will have children and grandchildren who won't know these people and will want to know who they are.
    I love your title, I always start singing that song form the movie with a french accent LOL! Great going getting your porch cleaned up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:11 PM

    That's a great layout! I love the heart! The extraction is awesome too!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!