If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Monday, March 31, 2008

Funny Photo Layout Challenge

Dad, don't look at this post!! *giggle* Sorry I just HAD to use this photo of you, and since I didn't get around to doing it last year I thought it would work great for a challenge.

Its time once again for the new challenge at Blush ~n~ Dusty Yahoo Group, well almost anyway. I figured I would go ahead and post this a little early, since I just did my layout today for it. If you want to see the freebie kit you get a little closer look, go to Blushbutter's blog, and scroll down a little and you will see it. Isn't it beautiful? Feel free to recolor if you need a color besides pink, like I did. I'll be posting it through the group later tonight or in the morning.

I have been wanting an excuse to scrap this photo of my Dad, even though I figured he could get ummm miffed at me spreading it around the net, but since its so many years old (1971), and really is guaranteed to bring a smile (ok a snicker) to everyone, and make their day a little happier, I just had to have the challenge for this month be about a funny photo....or one that made you think of something funny. While you COULD make the photo so it can't be seen on line, if your a nicer person than I am, whats the fun in that! LOL However feel free to do that to yours if you must. I do LOVE a good laugh, and when my Mom sent me this one, I loved it, because as soon as I saw it I started laughing, and ever since, every time I happen across it, I have laughed. Not really AT my dad, but hey, the picture really is rather....funny looking! *giggle*

This is my first layout in pse, I'm so proud of myself for not giving up and going back to pspX! LOL Granted I kept it simple...REAL simple...but it was still way slower than normal, and I'm slow enough, with psp. I found several more things that either I don't know how to do, or it just won't do (bummer) but since I'm sure you all are tired of me moaning about programs I'll forgo listing them. I did find out a neat thing...if you hit control D, and then click on the layer you want selected in the layer pallet, it will select the element. I sooooo wanted to go try it in psp to see if it worked there and I just hadn't figured it out (in all the years of using it) but I didn't. Anyway, least I managed one layout, we will see if I can do a little more later this week....maybe a little more complicated looking.

I made some whole wheat crackers this afternoon, and then while they were finishing baking, I made some simple apple salad. Love Apples, raisins, black walnuts (has to be black walnuts) and a little bit of lemon juice all mixed up together. Its all good for you, even though they are carbs, so we have to watch the serving size. Anyway, my Doxie was in Apple heaven! She LOVE's fruit and apples are one of her favorites, so every time she sees me getting that handy dandy apple peeler my wonderful hubby surprised me with a year and a half ago out, she stands around waiting for some of those heavenly apple peels to fall from my hand. LOL I give her some from each apple till she gets enough, which when I'm just doing enough apples for a salad, is pretty much every apple that gets peeled. After I was finished I saw her running happily to grab a toy, which isn't' something she does alot anymore, unless she is in a really good mood...she is going to be 8 this year I think, so playing with toys has slowed down from few years ago. Usually the toy time is when both DH and I are in the house, so they can show off, and make us both laugh. DH was outside though, so I knew she was really happy to have gotten some of those apples. We have always thought it strange that she would rather have fruit, than a chunk of meat.

Its been kinda dreary here today, not real warm, and damp...got a little rain this morning, but not all that much. The grass is just starting to turn green though, so there is hope, that Spring is around the corner!! Still waiting to hear the frogs though.

For further proof that God has a sense of humor, read my DH's blog post for today! :)

Have a great week, and thanks so much for your comments!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you!