If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our Sweetie Pie

This is my niece in 1996, wasn't she just a doll. We put her on the trunk of our car, just before we were leaving to go home, and I snapped a few photo's of her. I just had to cut some out...although this time I didn't do as good a job as I would have liked, because I don't do well with hair! LOL I really need to learn how to do it better, but until then, I guess this is the result. Anyway, don't you just LOVE that background? Love that color of pink, and although I ended up covering most of it up, the design is really pretty too....there are flowers blended into it. Love those ferns too! LOL

Kit Credit: Easter Basket kit and Digi Frame pack by Blushbutter

I managed to do this layout without my PSPXI freezing up and having to shut down, I couldn't believe it. The other day I was trying to scrap, and had a lot of trouble with it freezing so bad that it had to shut down before I could do anything (this happen several times, before I gave up on it). Some days its worse than others, but I have to say, I've almost had it, with it. As much as I have LOVED Paint Shop Pro, and never had much problem, with any other version, this version is nothing but trouble, and yet I hate to go back to X because XI has some things I use now and then, that X doesn't have. I'm almost to the point where I'm going to try to forget I own psp, and just go to one of the ps programs...but I hate to do that, cause even though I'm trying to learn them better the last few weeks, I am still way more comfortable in psp. I also love the fact that you can drag a photo, paper, or element from the browser, straight onto the page you are working on, and haven't figured out how to do that in ps...if it even CAN be done. I know, I'm just lazy, what can I say! *giggle*

I may have to get the trial version of ps elements 6, and see how it is, I saw a video on Hummie's forum where she was using it, and it looked much more to my liking than 5 did, when I saw it one time. There was something about 5 that I didn't like....not sure what now, but I liked the set up Hummie had on the video she was doing, soooo maybe I could grow to like that program as much as my psp. At least its only a $100 program, as opposed to $1000 so each time I had to upgrade, I wouldn't have to save for several months, before I could afford even the upgrade price! LOL If any of you have any opinion of ps elements 6 or any of the photo shop programs people use (good OR bad opinions) feel free to leave me a comment, or e-mail me and let me know what you think! Recommendations on if you would go with elements or maybe eventually (once I could save for it) CS3 and WHY would be greatly appreciated! Have any of you heard anything bad (or had bad experiences) with ps elements 6? I may have to start doing some research on them....if I ever have time to. LOL

Maybe PSP XI will start behaving, but I kinda doubt it, as it just seems to get worse over time...although it does have its good days too, like today was. Oh well, not much I can do now, but I do know sometime this year (or next at the latest, if this keeps up), I want something different, that WORKS....just when, or what that will be, I don't know. If it ends up being a ps program, I guess I will just have to buckle down, and learn it more than I have the older ones I have now. (I know, I could just go with the old ones, but I like to keep them updated as much as possible, cause they get to where they do more and more, and I, a lot of the time, find the newer versions easier to use...and the old ones I have aren't all that easy to me *giggle*) To me psp 10 (I know a lot of you won't agree, who use psp) was easier, and I liked it better than 9, so I'm hoping the new version of ps is that way to, as I played with elements 5 for a little bit one time, and all I remember is I didn't like it to well.

Anyway, that's enough rambling about programs, I have some things I need to do anyway, including making pizza sauce, so I better get it to cooking, and get my other chores done! LOL I hope all of you have a great week!!

5 comments:

  1. Pizza sauce! Homemade? Can I come to your house?

    I'm glad the preview was helpful to you. I know people like PSP, but PSE can do so many things PSP cannot....like layer styles. ...free ones, for purchase ones...so many more add-ons than in PSP.

    I understand that old habits are hard to break....maybe cold turkey is the route to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another very pretty LO. Kali's favorite colors.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:21 AM

    OMGoodness! LOVE how you have her sitting in the flowers! Great layout!!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful LO of Kali. You did a wonderful job on your extractions and I like how you used the fern. Love,the LOs of your goats, teh babies are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:48 PM

    I remember those ugly shoes lol!!! Im so excited for prom. Brenton has been sick with strep throat this week. Hes doing better though. I havent got to talk to him very much cuz of that so anyway. lol

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!