If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Another no news day

I did a couple quick and simple layouts with photo's from last year today. The first one is one of our Doxie's, she has a problem now and then, with thinking she just had babies, so she takes and "mothers's" her toys, protecting them from our other doxie, and generally being silly. I love her to death, and know its not her fault, but during that time, she can drive me crazy, with her wondering around the house, crying. She is more cuddly then though, which of course is nice, since I love cuddling. If you look close in the left photo, you can see her nose wrinkled, cause she was snarling at Rascal. The toy she is "mothering" is the red thing behind her.

The 2nd layout shows my rolling pin, and the holder that DH had finally managed to make for it. My Uncle Orison made that rolling pin for me, before I got married, and he fashioned it after one that my Great-Grandma had, had. (The small photo is Great-Grandma's) I've wanted to hang it on the wall for years, so it could be out where I could see it easy, yet out of the way, and finally got DH to make me a holder for it, so I had to get a picture.

Kit Credit: Daisy by Designs by Krista It was a freebie on her blog. :)

Am I taking simple to a whole new level? I mean, I really didn't use much on these two layouts, I know I sometimes find it hard to put a lot on a layout, but its getting ridiculous. *giggle* Ah well, it leaves me room for journaling, which I like to have, if I can think of any, because these are for my yearly albums, and they tell the story of our year...so having some journaling is nice for the story. And as "simple" as the layout is, it still looks better than a plain white page, with a bunch of photo's on it, like I used to do...before I found Digital Scrapbooking. NOT that I mind the plain photo album's I used to make, but I like these, however simple, better.

Anyway, as you can see, I have no "news" again today, so I'm just rambling on...don't ask me why, but I'll stop now! LOL Thanks so much for all your comments, both here on my blog, and through e-mail!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:53 PM

    I don't think your layouts are too simple... And believe me, I am a big fan of journaling!

    I LOVE the rolling pin and holder! How neat to have a handmade one. I would treasure it. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!