If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, May 15, 2008

mypictales.com

I managed to get a couple more layouts for my niece's book done, the past couple days. She was my flower girl, even though she was only 15 months old, and she did GREAT!! We had been told she would be to young, but my Mom and I knew she would do fine, and even if she had messed up, it wouldn't have mattered. However she almost did better than the ring bearer, and was leading him down the isle some of the time, instead of him having to lead her. The one photo on the journaling page, (One of my favorite photo's from my wedding, because of the delight on the faces behind her) shows my Aunt Betty, and I just love her expression, she was looking at Kali with a huge smile on her face, because she was doing so well.

Kit Credit: Fairytale Wedding, Victorian Wedding, Easter Basket kit, and Heathers Purple Rose kit ALL by Blushbutter

Well after lots of pulling of hair, and gnashing of teeth...its possible I may have my book uploaded. There is still a problem, it gives me an error message, when the book is 99% done uploading, but they said that its there, it just not showing up in my member area...but they are going to get with me tomorrow and see about fixing this problem too. Hopefully I'll still be able to use a coupon even though most of this has not been their fault. I had to finally call my phone company, and ask if the modem had a firewall on it, and how to turn it off. That seemed to do the trick, and let me finally start uploading. I tell you, I'm tired of messing with this for now!! LOL

My pic tales has been great, they tried to help me out alot, sent lots of e-mails, and called me a couple times trying to figure it out. Their customer service is wonderful, not many companies would try to do everything they could to help you figure out a problem, that was on your side, and not theirs!! I've heard their books are even better than the one I got from Shutterfly, which I was really happy with, so I'm sure I will be getting more books from mypictales.com because they seem to care about their customers. Granted, I haven't actually SEEN a book printed yet, so don't know for sure, but I would bet, from their standard of customer service, that their standard of printing is going to be top notch too. I'm sure I'll be all excited when I get my book, and let you know how it turns out!! I just wish I had thought to call the phone company last week, when I first discovered the problem, so I would have had a chance of getting my book by my Birthday...or shortly thereafter. LOL Oh well, least I should have the order process done by them...least I would think so!

The things I have liked most about this company so far is the fact that I can put as many pages as I want, in a book, that I can do a custom cover for the 8.5X11 books where with shutterfly I can't...only the square ones have custom covers there,the GREAT customer service that they have, AND last but not least the fact that each extra page is half the price of shutterfly's extra pages. All in all, I'm looking forward to seeing my book printed, and as long as I like the books...being able to order more later on, when I get more layouts done.

Anyway, I haven't gotten anything done that I needed to the last couple of days, except for baking some bread, and these two layouts, so I have to get off here, and hope I can get supper on time...or not to late. LOL Hopefully tomorrow I can catch up, and still maybe get a couple layouts done, we will see.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:13 AM

    I can't wait to hear your comparison between their books and Shutterfly... I'd like to find the best BEFORE I get mine printed. *lol* ... Is My Pic Tales as easy to use as Shutterfly?

    Do you remember that heritage book I was (am) working on for the kids? I just posted 8 more layouts. There are 10 more I want to do before the book is done... It will end up being 81 layouts big, and I want to print FOUR of them (one for each kid)... YIKES!!! (I think Joe is going to have a heart attack! *lol*)

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!