If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Where does the time go?

I started a new kit this weekend, figured it was about time!! LOL Its been two months since I put one out, not sure where the time goes, although I did do a lot of layouts in that time.

I actually wanted to make a kit that I could use to scrap a photo of my Great-great grandparents with, so I can print it out, and put it in a frame, for the family reunion this summer. They want things to auction off, to make a little money to pay for the reunion, and so I thought I could at least contribute this. Probably won't bring in much, but every little bit will help.

So this is the layout I've come up with, using the kit I'm working on. I've actually got the kit almost done I think, least I'm going to have to stop, as the file size is getting to large, and I can only have one link, for each item I sell in my blog store. I not fond of the idea of splitting the kits up, and separating them in my store, so...I'll try to stop adding to it. LOL Course I'd probably have a hard time thinking of to much more to add anyway, so that's ok...if I'm lucky I'll be able to get it all finished up, packed up, and in the store sometime next week. Course the way my weeks have been going (the past couple weeks) I don't know about that.

This is my Great-Great Grandparents, Winfield & Ella Gould (the reunion is for all of their decedents). Journaling reads:

They were married in Old Town, Clitherall, on
July 7, 1875. The years that followed were
filled with toil and hardships, blessings and joys.
Together they endured the fierce blizzards of
a Minnesota winter, witnessed their crops
destroyed by grasshoppers and hail, heard the
wolves howling outside their doors at night,
spent many nights with uninvited Indians
laying on their floor with whom they often divided
their provisions, and fled to the nearest settlement
when the Indians were on the warpath, for better
protection. They survived the death of one of
their beloved sons. They enjoyed their
children and grandchildren, and held onto
their faith and each other through it all.

--taken from a short story of their life, written by Winfield.


The journaling isn't totally word for word, but pretty much. I added a little, and rearranged some to get it so it would work on the page. I didn't have room for the whole story, but one paragraph jumped out and said pick me...along with a line or two from elsewhere in the story. I am so lucky that on my Dad's side of the family, we have quite a few family stories written down!!

Kit Credit: Remember When by Doxie Designs (coming soon to my store!)

Hopefully either tonight, or tomorrow I will manage to get a couple sets of qp's in the store, that I made to go with my last kit. I've had them finished for a little while, just haven't managed to get them in the store. So if your interested check the store tomorrow...or Friday and if all goes well, they will be there. We may be having company tomorrow...so that could slow me down, if I don't manage to get them in there tonight.

If I'm lucky I'll be able to do a layout or two of my niece this week...but things don't look to good for getting anything like that done. LOL There is always hope for next week though!!! :) I'm getting behind on those, cause I wanted to do a couple a week...and I didn't manage any last week, and we will see about this week. Good thing, I don't have to have that book done for another year!!!!! LOL

Its been rather nice and cool here the past few days, its strange for it being almost June, but I've actually wore my jacket around, and the windows have mostly been closed. I'm sure it will be warming up all to soon, but I sure enjoy it, when its cool (cool NOT cold!), its easier to get things done, cause I overheat rather quickly. Course we are getting rain too...which is making it hard for the farmers to plant, and its getting almost to late for planting, so not sure what they are going to do. Thankfully its not flooding yet...just making it hard to work on fence or anything else! LOL

I hope everyone is having a great week, thanks so much for the comments on my blog, and through e-mails!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you!