If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Blush ~n~ Dusty QP exchange

This month's qp exchange is dedicated to Lara Payton, who is due to have a sweet baby boy next month!! So we are using Blushbutters Heartstrings Baby Boy kit, for the qp exchange on Blush ~n~ Dusty this month. I did a couple pages for Kali's book, and used a few things from the heartstrings baby girl kit, but when I turned the layouts into qp's I changed the pink things to blue. I wanted to use some of the blue, because of the photos being about "Dad" and "Uncles" but had to use the pink stuff, because of the baby girl in the photos! LOL

The first photo is Kali and her Dad when she was a baby. The 2nd layout is Kali being held by Uncle Orison, who adored her. He even got to hold her in the hospital the day she was born, even though it was hospital policy to not let anyone but the parents and grandparents. I thought he was SOOOO lucky! LOL He didn't get to the hospital till in the afternoon, whereas Mom & I were there in the morning, so I guess the nurses weren't as strict then, and he could get away with it.

Kit Credit: Heart Strings Baby Boy kit & Heart Strings Baby Girl Kit Both by Blushbutter

Here is the preview of the layouts as qp's for the exchange. If you want to join, please do, its not over till the 15th of June, so there is still plenty of time!! I think this is maybe the first time I've finished with time to spare! LOL I think the album is going to be so pretty, and really, you WON'T want to miss out!!

I've been sitting here working on these, smelling the most wonderful sweet rose smell, drifting in my open window. We have those wild rose bushes on our farm, that like to take over, if your not careful, so really they aren't a good thing, but Ohhh the wonderful smell that floats through the air, when they are in bloom! Its really to die for...pure heaven! Course once we get the new pasture fence all finished up, the goats will dive in, and eat them, so we won't have to worry about them totally taking over our farm, which also means we won't get the wonderful smell next year, probably, which I will miss, but I guess that's better than wondering how to stop them from spreading. The goats LOVE rose bushes, the multiflora rose ones are no exception. LOL There used to be some in the pasture they are in now, but it didn't take them long to eat them up.

Call for Photo Books:

If you have purchased a photo book from somewhere, there is a call out, for photo's, articles and or tutorials. If you want to try to get published, there is more info at the DST forum here. I did an article, but while obviously I love to write...since I do enough of it here LOL...I really don't think I'm a good "article" writer. Stranger things have happened though, so who knows, maybe it will get published. LOL I know some of you are WAY better writers than I am, so if you have gotten a photo book from anywhere go check out the call!!

I've been tagged:

I was tagged by SherryD from D'Ambrosio Arts. Here are the rules: Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog~ Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.~ Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.~ Let them know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog .

Since I don't like to follow the rules...least not sometimes, *giggle* I'm not actually going to tag anyone. There are several reasons for this, the biggest one is because I don't want to make them feel they have to do it. SO what I will do, is say if any of you want to do it, then leave me your name, and a link to your blog, saying you want to, and I'll try to remember to come visit, so I can read yours!! :)

Ok, now for 7 facts about me....this could be hard!!

1) I'm tall....as in REALLY tall for a girl! LOL 6'2" to be exact.

2) I wrote letters to my DH before I EVER met him in person.

3) I LOVE Chocolate....A LOT!!

4) Ever since I can remember I have always loved dogs the most of any animal...although I really love animals. (Is this a "Duh" fact or what? *giggle*)

5) I prefer to stay home, enjoying the quite country life, I'm not fond of getting out and having to see lots of people, although once I'm out there, I have been known to have fun. LOL (I know, I chat in Blush ~n~ Dusty's yahoo group lots, and write LONG blog posts...but that's different, its easier for me to write things down, than to have a face to face conversation...LOL I've always been a bit shy, although I'm not as bad as I used to be.)

6) I hate to drive.

7) I find coming up with facts or things like this about myself really hard....I can't think of any more, so this one will have to do for number 7. ROFL

I hope you all are having a good week!! Thanks so much for your comments and e-mails!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you!