If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, June 13, 2008

A couple more pages and some cheese!!

I managed a couple layouts this afternoon. I had to make the background myself, cause I wanted one that was one of the FFA colors, and got tired of searching through my stash for one, and didn't want to recolor one. Strange I know. LOL I would have chosen blue, but with the photo's so dark (and I couldn't lighten them, as there were some strange pixels and they really stood out, with the photo light), I didn't want the whole layout to be dark, so went with this....ummm....mustard, or gold, or ummm yellowish color, that was in the FFA patch. Kali really enjoys FFA, so she got a page just for it, she also really liked her teacher that year, and even though he left, she wanted that photo used, so I cut it out, and left it bigger.

This next layout, is when she was inducted into the National Honor Society. I used the same background, since it goes right next to the FFA layout in her book.

Kit Credit: Background by Doxie Designs, Film strip from Digi Frame Pack and heart from Gentle kit by Blushbutter

DH and I made Mozzarella cheese again this morning, and it turned out REALLY good this time!! Last time it was kinda chewy and harder, although still good, but better when it was grated up, and put on salad and stuff, than just eaten by itself. This time I had a hard time stopping when I tasted it, it was so good!!! Love Mozzarella cheese for snacks! Going to have to make some more, and see if we can do it like this again!! LOL It says it should be eaten up, within a week, or frozen....don't think we will have a problem getting it gone, by the end of the week...not to sure if it will last all weekend. *giggle* Its not a LOT, we can only do a small batch at a time, till we get a bigger stock pot, course it takes a little bit to freeze enough milk to make it as it is. But it is SOOOO worth the trouble. I love Mozzarella cheese anyway, but this is even better!!!!!! Who knew I would love making Mozzarella cheese! :)

I also made my first batch of homemade yogurt yesterday. Since it wasn't real thick, I left it in the yogurt maker overnight, and DH put it in the fridge when he got up at 2 this morning, and we had fresh homemade yogurt and strawberries for breakfast. I've always been kinda picky with my yogurt, and have always preferred Dannon. Its still my favorite, but this isn't to bad and as long as I have strawberries (frozen work just fine) to go in it, will be able to enjoy our homemade yogurt...plus know that its probably better for me anyway, so that counts for something too. I'm almost out of frozen strawberries, so will have to get more next month, then make sure I keep yogurt on hand too, as its a good for you snack...and even breakfast. If we keep finding things to do with the milk, we may wish we had more than two milking goats!! *giggle* Course this fall, they will have to be dried up, so they can have babies in the spring, so we will be back to not having milk this winter...not something I'm looking forward to, cause I'm getting spoiled with having it available all the time, and having that yummy cheese now and then!!

It would be nice, if when the two babies we are keeping get older, and start producing milk, if we can rotate the milking nanny's so a couple have babies while a couple are still giving us milk, that way we don't have to stop getting some, but we will see. I don't know much about that end of it, just let DH worry about how to do it, if its even possible.

Well I better get off here, got a few things to do, before supper gets done. I hope everyone will have a good weekend, I doubt I'll be posting till sometime next week, unless I manage to do something or have news I just have to blog about. Thanks for all of your comments both here, and through e-mails!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:24 AM

    The layouts look great, and awesome job on the background! ... That's one thing I have never tried doing. And to be honest, I have so many hobbies/projects going on, I probably wouldn't have the time anyway! *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:44 AM

    Just make sure you leave some cheese for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look really good. The yellow backgroung goes well with them.

    The cheese and yogurt sound good.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!