If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, June 19, 2008

A little play time

I took some time to play this morning, as I've been missing it. I have often wondered what the fascination with templates are, I like them to help, with ideas, but never got into actually using them, unless they were exceptionally cool, like that one Blushbutter gave away in her Yahoo group a few weeks back. Then a few weeks ago, I read a tutorial on how to use them in ps, and the light clicked on, as to why they would be cool, if I were using ps. So this morning, I got brave and tried a couple layouts with a couple templates I had gotten and I used PS to do them!! I now could get addicted to using them too!! *giggle* I like doing my own thing, but when I'm having trouble thinking of anything new, these would be a great way to do a layout, and have it look good!

I never knew how cool it was, using them in ps, psp isn't as easy to use them with. I learned a few things about ps doing these too, which is a plus, since I would like to know more about that program. I did a couple pages for my nieces book, one page about her loving dogs, and one page about a vacation that she took last year, with one of her Aunts.

Kit Credit: Templates by Misty Cato, and kit is Poppycock by Microferk Designs

I may have to go out looking for some more free templates since I can't afford to buy any right now, because these were way to much fun to play with, and I have to admit, I'm having a little trouble right now, coming up with my own ideas. Could be a little stress related, I don't know, but I would love to get more of Kali's book finished, yet am finding it hard to get ideas for it. Course finding free templates could be tough, especially ones that have several photo spots on them...which I need for a lot of Kali's pages. Granted I'm kinda slow even with using the templates, but maybe if I got used to ps more, I would speed up. I'm sure I'll get back to doing my own thing soon, but least I can have fun playing while I'm waiting to. I have gotten several templates over the years, figuring I'd use them like a sketch, if I needed to. Now I can use them like they are meant to be used, and learn more about ps! Course feel free to leave me a link to places that have some free templates, cause I'd love to find some more, especially if they are for multiple photos!! *giggle* And I hope you don't mind if I "cheat" some, and use some more!! :)

Some of the things I learned in ps this morning I like better than psp, and then again, some things I don't. I guess its all a matter of what you get used to, and all. However I'm just really glad I managed two layouts (even if they are with templates) in ps for a change! Yippee!!!! *giggle* I do need to learn about how to get good drop shadows in ps, I love those layer styles, they are cool, just have to figure out what will LOOK good. I'm sure it will come with time.

For those of you who like templates, I do know there are 4 available for a short time on Connie's blog. She is saying goodbye to the scrapping world, so they will only be available till the end of the month, she said.

Well I better get off here, I have several things to do today, and have played to long! But its been fun, so I just don't care....as usual! *giggle* I hope you all are having a good week, and not getting bad weather! Take Care.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 PM

    you spelt hollie wrong. it is spelled with an ie. just thought i would tell u that so u could fix it

    kali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:12 AM

    I adore templates! *lol* ... If fact, I would love to get my hands one the ones you used. *lol*

    Here is a good place to get some free ones:

    http://trishhdesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!