If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, October 03, 2008

An ATC and some rambles

This is the last week for the LO Design challenge at SAS. Instead of a layout we were told we had to make an ATC (Artist Trading Card for those of you who don't know what atc means). I have to admit, I wasn't real thrilled with this assignment, I've never really been into atc's and have only ever done one or two of them, way back when I first started scrappin, but since I wanted to finish what I started, I decided I would have to do it. We were suppose to do one that would show "us".... what we are like, or what we love. It didn't have to have words, but since I seem to like words, on paper anyway, I decided to include some of those too.

I think this turned out pretty good, it shows that wonderful man I married who is the center of my life, and our doxie's, who we adore, my niece that I love and while I didn't have room for family and friends on there I figured the photo of Kali could cover all that. Then of course there is my love of roses...all flowers really, and Scrapping and writing, and photography...lace...crochet...and in general my life here on the beautiful farm God has loaned to us. While I still don't "get" the concept or ummm the reason to do atc's I do like how this turned out. Just not sure I would rush out to do to many more of them.

If I'm going to spend time scrapping, I guess I just prefer to do layouts that get the photo's that I'm behind on into books, instead of spending time making little 2.5X3.5 cards. However while looking at it once I turned it in, I did kinda admit to myself that now and then its good to just stop and do something for the fun of it, even if it doesn't have a purpose, so maybe......a big maybe, but MAYBE this won't be the last one I make...only time will tell. :) I have to admit, I probably wouldn't choose to do one to soon, just cause I would really like to get caught up on some layouts, but...who knows what the future will bring.

Kit Credit: Mother's Pansies, My Lady, Precious Memories, Yesterday's Dreams & Remember When All by Doxie Designs and all of which you can find in my store!!

I have spent way to much money the last couple of days, yesterday we had to go do our monthly shopping in the big city, we just can't seem to stop eating, so have to buy more food each and every month. LOL I'd sure like to skip a month here and there! :) Like usual, I swear the prices went up since our last shopping trip...although the gas price was down a bit, so that was nice. We didn't use a whole tank of gas in our car this last month, that was actually exciting, usually our truck would have to be filled before the end of the month...so having the car which gets better gas mileage is going to be SO nice! Least that way maybe we can go somewhere a little more often, without worrying as much about running out of gas before the month is out.

Today I looked through a catalog I had gotten a couple days ago, for a jacket, as I have needed to get another one. I should have stuck to just looking at jackets but some shirts caught my eye, and I ended up getting myself 4 long sleeve shirts too...and I got DH 4 as well. When it comes to long sleeve shirts I have to either make my own, which I hate to do, or buy Men's because my arm's are so long that I can't get a woman's shirt that is long enough in the sleeves for me. It's really annoying because I like pretty girly colors, but usually can't get them. Well I kinda like black some too, but this time there was two shirts that I wanted that came in a raspberry color...I didn't really think it was a color a guy would choose, but who knows, they must as the shirts were men's...either that or they have a lot of women buying men's shirts. LOL

Anyway I bought two different kinds of shirts in two different colors, and hope I like them once I get them. I hope they are warm, cause I would sure like to be able to layer on the clothes if I need to, to stay warm. One is a flannel and ones a thermal type shirt, and they will work good together if I need that much, so I'm sure they will be warm. DH has been wanting some of the same kinds of shirts, so he got a couple of each too...just not the same colors. LOL I don't think I've spent that much on clothes for a long time for us...hopefully they last a long time, so I don't have to again for a while. LOL I did find a pretty woman's shirt in another catalog I would love to get, it has 3/4 length sleaves, so would probably work...but I probably won't get it. Not after spending that much today on some, I'm going to run out of money. *giggle* Oh well it was fun getting some for a change, I'm not really into "clothes" but its nice to have some new ones once in a while. I tend to wear my "home" clothes till they are rags, cause I hate getting rid of them...or maybe its just I hate having to get more, but ordering from a catalog isn't to bad, so may have to go looking for some t-shirts in a few months, as I need to replace some of them too.

I turned the heat on for the first time today, for a while, because it was cold in here, it did however get nice and warm outside this afternoon, so I was able to turn it back off again. Its to soon to have to have heat! LOL DH has almost gotten my Great-Grandma's wood cook stove hooked up in my kitchen, so at least we can have one area of the house nice and toasty warm this winter!! There is nothing better than snuggleing up to a nice warm stove, on a cold winter day. We used to use it when we lived in Mo, it would heat the big huge kitchen we had there quite well, and the dogs got used to it, and would sleep under it. They loved it! LOL I'm sure our two now will too, especially Autumn, as she likes to sit on the heat vent, when they have hot air blowing out of them. Its to bad my office isn't closer to it...I'm be in hog heaven then. LOL (No Dear, I don't want to trade, I like mine way better than yours, even though your's is right next to the kitchen! LOL)

Well thats it for now, I better get off here and do a few things before bed. I hope you all have a great weekend!!! Catch ya next week! Thanks so much for your comments. :)

1 comment:

  1. I think your ATC turned out fabulous. It's hard to fit so much and convey your meaning in such a little space. I think you did great!

    We've been running the heat here in northeast NY too. I refuse to be cold...well, at least I refuse to be cold when I'm in the house. LOL! Snuggling up to great-grandma's stove sounds wonderful.

    I hope you like the shirts. I would so rather spend my money on other things than clothes. I guess I'm not very girly that way, but you have to get your scrapbook budget from somewhere. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!