If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Challenge LO plus


This month's challenge on Blush ~n~ Dusty is to scrap your favorite color, so this first layout is one I did for that. I used the challenge kit provided by Blushbutter. The second layout is to go beside the first one in my 2009 book, and shows some double lilacs I took photos of at the neighbor's house last year. I LOVE lilacs, but haven't ever seen any like this (that I remember) till last year.

Kit Credit for both LO's: Favorite Color Mini kit and on the 2nd LO I added a frame from the Favorite Color (main) kit by Blushbutter. I would have used the frame like this, that was in the mini kit, but it wasn't working for these photos, because the cool creases were distracting to much...which is why I switched to the frame from the main kit.

I love this new kit of Blushbutters, I'm behind now, in using her kits...because there is another one she put out a week or two ago, that I still have to use. Better get to hopping! LOL Hopefully later today, or tomorrow I can do more with the main favorite color kit, and then maybe get the other kit downloaded, so I can play with it to.

I also finally got to order the soap molds I've been wanting to get today!! I've been waiting for them to get back in stock for over a month, and the date kept changing...but finally today they came in. I got them ordered as soon as I saw the e-mail come in, so maybe....one of these days soon....I'll be able to make my first soap! Yippee!! LOL I do have a few other molds, but needed a loaf mold as they hold more than the single bar molds I have now. Now I just have to get time to go down to a friends house and see how she makes soap...then maybe I can get some made. If it doesn't work out so we can go, I guess I'll have to stumble through on my own, but I'd really like to see it done first...we will see if we can get together on our times available. :)

Well better run for now, have some things to do around the house, but wanted to be sure and get a couple LO's scrapped before I got started...since I've been so bad about getting any done lately. LOL Guess I've gotten to many interests in the past year or so, and am finding it hard to do them all. LOL While "cooking" isn't my major love, I really have enjoyed making cheese and butter, guess it's different and not a "meal" which is what I'm not fond of having to put together. So anyway, better get at it...got some cleaning to do to, much to my dismay. LOL

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! And those lilacs are to die for! Your photo is beautiful! I keep wishing we could hurry up and get all the "high" priorities taken care of so I can begin focusing on the prettier things! I'm wanting to get rid of the Bradford Pears and replace them with the lilacs. Just enough height to block the view below us. But they won't steal the view beyond, like the Bradford Pear trees are doing, already! You should see if you can get cuttings from your neighbor. Here's a great source w/directions for doing so! http://www.gardening-advisor.com/Lilacs.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link, we planned on transplanting some last year...but didn't get around to it. I kill most every plant I touch, but once in a while something survives...and DH has a little better luck, sometimes anyway. LOL Hopefully this year we can try to get some down here...we will see how it goes. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!