If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Blessed Day

Today was a good day. We enjoyed a good visit with a friend, and dinner was so yummy!! DH helped me get the food ready, he was totally in charge of the Yams and Stuffing and helped get things on the table so we could eat.

I was able to scrap a thankful page after all this evening. I guess the good day put me in the mood...especially when I saw the free mini kit with pretty flower clusters that Blushbutter had in her shop today. It was only free for the one day, but well worth the small price she has on it, if you missed it being free! :)

Kit Credit: Happy Thanksgiving cluster Set by Blushbutter. I just LOVE the clusters, they made it easy to make a pretty yet quick layout! :)

Since I turned 40 this year and have been a bit down from time to time lately (although NOT from turning 40...just from other things going on) I got to thinking I should make a list of 40 things I'm thankful for...because I know I have a lot to be thankful for, and it's good to be reminded of them in the harder times. Since they are hard to read on the LO, I'll list them below.

40 things I'm Thankful for:

1) God and his many blessings.
2) My wonderful hubby!
3) The fact that my DH is so gentle.
4) The fact that DH is Chivalrous .
5) The fact that DH is patient.
6) The Love DH has for me.
7) Autumn for always wanting to comfort me when I’m down.
8) Peaches for the Joy she brings.
9) The Farm God has loaned us.
10) The Cows for the milk, cream and butter they give.
11) The goats because they are so fun to watch.
12) The chickens for the eggs they give.
13) Yani for protecting our goats.
14) My Dad for his help and love.
15) My Mom for her help and love.
16) Our Nieces.
17) Our Nephews.
18) DH’s parents for raising a wonderful Son.
19) My Grandpa T. for teaching me to not worry what others think.
20) My Grandma T. for introducing me to the joy of making jelly.
21) My Grandma H. for the warm loving hugs she gave freely.
22) My Grandpa H. for his generosity with the little he had.
23) Great Grandma A. for her kindness and legacy.
24) My Uncle Orison for his big heart & all the help and love he gave us.
25) Rascal for his cute ways and being my Kitchen buddy.
26) Crystal for making me fall in love with Doxie’s.
27) Mischief for his loyalty and love.
28) Friends who are there for us.
29) Family members who are willing to be family.
30) The extra food God has given us this year.
31) My DH’s ability to “Scrounge” things.
32) My camera so I can document our life.
33) My computer so I can enjoy scrapbooking.
34) The “net” as it helps me keep in touch with friends and family.
35) Our House which is almost perfect for us.
36) The fact that I actually like making butter and cheese!
37) The enjoyment I get out of canning food for the winter.
38) Being able to make my own soap.
39) Having the money to get by.
40) My old fashioned kitchen sink.


I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving if you celebrated it! Have a great rest of the long weekend. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love your list AND your scrapbook page! It's always nice to count ones blessings. :) Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!!!

    http://scrapgrrl.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!