If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Hungry Birds

Watching the birds at the feeder.

With winter in full swing, the birds are visiting our feeder by the kitchen window a lot the last week or so. It wasn't to long ago that it got filled up, and I was noticing today it was going to need it again soon!

Last week, during the snowstorm, (and the day after) I got some photos of the birds at the feeder. It's the first winter we've had it, and it's sure been fun watching them come eat...when they don't get scared off by us walking around the kitchen. They have gotten braver, with winter here, guess they figure braving the humans is better than starving to death.

Watching the birds at the feeder.


I noticed they seemed to be at the feeder a LOT the day of the snowstorm...but maybe that's just cause I was in the kitchen more, I don't know.

It's fun watching them fight over it...and seeing what kinds of birds show up to feed. Mostly it's the little ones in the photos here.

I do need to scrub the window inside and out though...it makes it hard to get good photos with spots on the window. LOL Course moving the one crystal in the window is probably going to have to happen too, as it is right in the way, when the birds are on one side of the feeder. *sigh* I just can't seem to keep up with all the housework...I'd NEVER get any "play time" if I tried to keep a spotless house, so guess I'll have to live with not being the perfect housekeeper. LOL

Yesterday totally got away from me, which is why I didn't post here, my brain went on vacation I think...cause I haven't found it yet! LOL

Last night and this morning I was "formulating" some new soap recipes, so I can use oils besides tallow, and I've had to learn more about using a soap calculator and what the "numbers" all mean and what you want the numbers to be. It's been interesting...I still have a couple recipe's I want to make up, then I'll be ready to get back into the actual soap making. I don't know that I really need several recipe's, but it will depend on what oils I have, as to which I will use...so wanted a few different choices. Hopefully this week or next I can actually MAKE some soap for a change again. :)

Anyway, hope everyone had a good weekend! We did here...DH's birthday was fun, he had a couple friends over for supper and it was good to sit and visit.

Ok, better run, have a great week! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ummm... I don't know if this thing ate my comment or not, so excuse any double postings. *lol*

    I used to be one of those "spotless" housekeepers... until I started homeschooling. *lol* ... Which is why my house needed those cleaning challenges I've been doing.

    Love the pictures of the birds!

    http://scrapgrrl.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!