If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Sunday, March 20, 2011

Look what we got!!

Just in time for spring!!


Just in time for spring!!!!!

After the horrible year our animals had last year, we didn't have to many chickens left, and they stopped giving us eggs well before winter. Not sure if they were just hiding them, or if they were traumatized from seeing all their friends vanish before their eyes. Either way, we have been without homegrown eggs for far to long.

Those dead eggs we have been having to buy in the store are just NOT doing it for me, I've been moaning about the lack of good fertilized eggs for months, plus having to BUY them didn't help either. But today we got to celebrate the coming of spring with homegrown eggs, fresh churned butter & homemade bread! YUM!!!

It's about time!! *giggle*

Course just cause the calendar and the chickens say spring has arrived...I'm not so sure. The frogs are still silent, here in our creek.

It is however a beautiful day so far here today...so much so I get to have the windows open without freezing to death, and enjoy those warm springlike breezes while I listen to the birds sing. :-))

Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. You can tell I'm a city girl, born and bred... Because I can't eat "home-grown" eggs. I HAVE to buy them at the store. *lol* Someone gave us some eggs before, and I refused to eat them. I made Joe and the kids eat them. *lol* (Why yes, I do have issues. ;) )

    http://scrapgrrl.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!