If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, November 30, 2012

Our New Hillbilly Home Tour...Livingroom

A tour of our new Hillbilly Home

Because of our need for a nice sized Dinning room, our living room is stuck back in one of the corner bedrooms this house had in the upstairs. It's a bit on the small side, for a living room, but seems to be working. Usually if we have many people over, we spend most of the time around the table in the dinning room, so the living room being small hasn't been to big of an issue yet...hopefully it never is.

As much as I would LOVE to have painted the room, and gotten rid of that wide horse border, we haven't managed to do that yet. I would also love to get rid of the carpet, and put in a wood floor...but that will have to wait too. Hopefully some day I can change the wall color and flooring, but till then we will live with the horses...least that horse border is way better than the one in the guestroom...so I can stand to look at it. LOL

The worst part about that room is it's so small I can't have my piano and old pump organ in there. The piano is stuck in the guest room....and the pump organ is in the basement, sad as that is. There is just NO room upstairs for it.

A tour of our new Hillbilly Home

Someday, when we can afford it, we want to get a larger tv...we had one but it wasn't a flat screen, so we gave it away when we figured out there just wasn't going to be enough room in there for one of those big fat tv's. This small one is one DH had gotten for his office, so we are making do with it till we can come up with extra money for a bigger tv...it's not real high on our list of things to buy, cause it's a want not a need...so not sure how soon it will be till we can afford it. Thankfully we don't spend a lot of time in front of the tv...so it's not really bothering us...to much anyway. :-))

The small closet in the living room is just going to be for storage I think. It's a little bit of a pain to get into it, so I will put things in there that we don't have to get to a lot.

Our living room isn't ideal...and it's taken a bit to get used to, but it's working so guess that's all that matters.  A nice large dinning room is more important to me than a nice living room...so ya do what ya have to I guess.  :-))

Ok, one more room to go for the upstairs....I'll share the Guest room with you next time on our new Hillbilly Home Tour!  :-))

1 comment:

  1. The horse border looks similar to what Alicia has in her room (she LOVES horses)... But I don't think it goes well with that shade of blue... Someday you will get it how you like. :)

    http://multipleblessings.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!