If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Saturday, September 20, 2014

Chaos

Crowder State Park...looking for the best place for wedding photos I snapped this photo of the lake.

Life seems to be in chaos right now...time is slipping away, and we are so busy between the wedding and canning that I'm looking for that peaceful life we used to lead...till our niece moved in with us temporarily...which is turning into a bit longer than temporary it seems.  I love her to death...but kinda miss that boring laid back life we lead before she interrupted our peaceful existence.  LOL

*sigh*

Oh well...God has his plan, and I'm trying to trust him and enjoy the time we have with our niece as much as I can...even if I do get exhausted sometimes by the drama that seems to come with having her here.

We drove around looking for the perfect spot to go for some wedding photos the other day and this was one of our favorite spots!

We went to pay for the wedding venue the other day, and then drove around looking for the best place to go for wedding photos after the ceremony.  We found the perfect spot...on a bridge by the water.  It will be even more perfect if there is GOOD fall color by the wedding!

Course, I'm a little worried about being able to get good photos.  Between being out of practice, and my camera being old I sure hope I manage to get something decent on the big day.  It seems to have some strange pixels these days...and I STILL can't afford to get a new camera, so I'm still using my first dslr that I love...but it's just not the new ones I'd LIKE to have.  LOL  I so want one that will take movies too...but that doesn't seem to be in the cards right now.  Thankfully Abbie isn't real picky...but sadly I am, and will sure be disappointed if I can't get some good ones for her.

Abbie working on the mints for her wedding!  I've made a bunch of mints for at least three different weddings over the years, and each time Abbie got in on helping me...I guess it's fitting that we finally made them together for HER wedding.  :-))

We do have the mints made and in the freezer now...and are working on the cake. This week should see it in the freezer, and hopefully some practicing going on with frosting and cake decorating tips. LOL Before we made the mints, we went looking for new molds for making cream cheese mints cause I didn't have a heart shape and Abbie kinda wanted one but it seems that cream cheese mints are "out of style" or something, cause we couldn't find any molds in the stores and when we asked they acted like we were stupid for wanting them. LOL

 Oops, I guess I'm a bit behind the times as usual. ROFL

 That's ok, I still love the mints, even if they are not "in" at the moment. I've made them several times over the years, and each time (somehow) Abbie seemed to get in on helping to make them, so it's only fair that we finally make them together for HER wedding...even IF they are not in style.

If this wedding goes off without a hitch...I'll be somewhat surprised, but you know, it's the screw ups that make the day memorable, so thats ok.  Course, in the drama that surrounds us at times now, the wedding was canceled for a very short time...then was back on, so I guess nothing will really surprise me at this point. I can't say I will be sad for it all to be over...I want life to slow down a little bit again, so I can savor the fall color when it shows up and enjoy the beauty that surrounds us.

Hopefully we can enjoy a peaceful fall, once the wedding is over...and maybe even, if we are lucky....get back to normal around here!  Is it even possible?!  LOL  Time will tell!

This week we have a couple dr appointments to go to, which means I won't be around to help my Mom with her tomatoes since she plans on doing more on one of the days we will be gone, but will have to get a couple bushel of apples into our freezer, between cleaning and making sure we get more done for the wedding.  I also need to decide if I actually want to BUY a few tomatoes so I can make a little more pizza sauce and maybe diced tomato's before we get a frost and the tomato's come to a stop.  I wouldn't hesitate...but I'm afraid we won't have time, so haven't decided what to do yet.

I just finished up getting some beef broth canned, cause we butchered a problem steer last week...a bit earlier than planned but it worked out good so that's ok.  I cut up almost 4 gallons of meat into cubes and turned it into corned beef and then canned it and WOW, it really turned out GOOD!! LOVE it!!  I had made it twice before with a roast, and baked it in the oven, but this time I wanted more so decided to do it this way, so it was ready to grab when we wanted some.  It really makes great corned beef hash with my home canned potatoes too!  ;-))

That's just a few of the things I've been up to the last few weeks.  No time to update most of the time, but decided to get an update in here since Abbie is gone for the weekend and I had a little time.  Course my "quick" update, turned into a short book but what else is new!  LOL    :-))

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's enough chaos to make bees stand back and just watch! LOL

    I'll keep y'all in my prayers. Sounds like you need more of a break than we do here. Gotta surprise coming around October 18th. We're buying 2 new little girls!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!