If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, March 04, 2015

New (almost old) hobby.

I'm having way to much fun with my new hobby of making my own cards!  Learning a lot...this one I made with one one particular in mind...actually I started out not planning on making a card,  just learning to make flowers...and loved them so much I had to put them on a card.  ;-))

I've been spending any spare time lately, learning how to "paper" scrap, so I can make some cards with some of Clara's scrapbooking papers I got, while helping my brother clean out her craft room. I never really thought I'd "paper" scrap, cause while it's pretty, I don't really like my photo albums to have all that raised stuff on the page, that makes the albums not close to well. However, after receiving several wonderful cards from a friend who makes her own...and my brother wanting to get rid of his late wife's scrapbooking supplies, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to learn to make my OWN cards!

I really should have known better...it's not like I don't have enough OTHER hobbies to keep me busy, I shouldn't have thought "I could make a few of my own cards with this stuff." and think it would end at that! *giggle* ESPECIALLY since I'm a recovering DIGITAL scrapaholic! I say recovering, since I haven't done to much of that for several years. ;-)) I should have known, that ANY form of scrapbooking would be addicting to me...but for some reason I didn't think making cards would be. Silly me! *giggle*

It's all I've thought about lately..."I could do this"....or "that"...or "I'd rather be playing with my paper"....or "when can I take a break and go play".  *sigh*  Yep...scrapbooking in ANY form...is bad for me...or least bad for my productivity (and pocketbook).  *giggle*

I'm having way to much fun with my new hobby of making my own cards!  Learning a lot...this one I made with one one particular in mind...actually I started out not planning on making a card,  just learning to make flowers...and loved them so much I had to put them on a card.  ;-))

This is my latest card. Its the first one I made without a destination in mind for it. LOL I was just learning to make little flowers last night...liked how they turned out so well I had to stick them on a card! So...if you end up recieving this card from me, and have already seen it here act surprised! LOL I just had to share...and since I didn't know for sure who I'd give it to figured oh well...maybe whoever it is won't have seen it, and if they did...OH WELL! ;-))

Poor Galen...least with digital, I didn't have stuff strung all over his (and my) desk, when I was scrapping...now I scrap on the back half of his desk...and I'm going to run out of room to store all my supplies and tools, if I ever manage to get all I want (which I realize won't happen...since I keep finding things I want...but still.  LOL).   We need to add onto our house, so I can have more room and have a dedicated scrapping/jewelry making desk!  *giggle*

I could chuck our day bed, and use the area it's in...but haven't gotten around to totally thinking that's a good idea yet.   *sigh*  What if we NEED it?  (Like we have that many people over who need to spend the night. LOL)  It isn't comfy right now, but could be with a new mattress...so I hate to get rid of it...but it's sure looking tempting, when I think of what I could do with that SPACE!  hehehe  ;-))

This was the 2nd card I made...thought it didn't turn out to bad, for someone who didn't really know what they were doing AND who didn't have many tools to do it with!  LOL  I made it for my Dad.

The card above is the 2nd one I made. I made it for my Dad's birthday. It's not perfect...but I was happy with it, considering it was only my 2nd...and I hadn't acquired the "good" tools yet. ;-))  I still haven't got all the "tools" I hope to get, but have gotten a few more since I made this card, and sure am enjoying them!

I just thought I'd share what I've been up to lately, when I'm not busy doing other things.  It's keeping me from blogging...and getting into my soap room, so next week, I'm going to HAVE to get busy in there.  (This week I'm doing a little extra cleaning and organizing when I'm not playing...or I'd get into my soap room this week LOL).

As for blogging...well...obviously, that's not going to happen all that often, the way life has been the past year or so...so guess that's my new normal!  While I haven't got a problem with being bored (AT ALL!), sharing my life on my blog makes it seem boring...cause I don't have much to share that is "new"...so I don't "get around" to doing it as much as I used to!  LOL  Guess if I was taking more photos I might...but even that has slowed down a bit for some reason.  If I ever get back to doing that more, you may see more of me on here!

So...till next time, hope everyone is having as much fun as I am!  ;-))



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you!