If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Its Beautiful outside!!

I spent a little time outside already today, out in the barn, with DH, the cats, and the goats. I think we are going to have kittens sometime soon...well maybe not real soon, but I am almost positive my favorite cat is with kitten, and I think her sister is too. So hmmmm anyone want a cat? LOL In a few months, we could be over run. The Star of the barn, is starting to get her bag too, so maybe in another 2-3 weeks we will have another baby goat. Just in time for us to be away prob! LOL Doesn't that just figure! I wonder if she would like a road trip??!!! LOL Take our two dogs, and DH's favorite goat. Yep, that would go over real well! As it is, we will be bringing one home with us. Dad is giving us a full blood boor billy...course he is only 2-3 months old, so won't be giving our billy a run for his money quite yet, but he will grow! However, I really love our billy, cause he is just adorable. Maybe we bonded with him, when he was so sick or something, but he is just to cute....can full grown billys be cute? LOL

Anyway, I got a couple layouts done already too (although I will admit I started the first one last night, but didn't finish it LOL)!! I was looking through a box of pictures yesterday, and found this one of my Mom and I that I used on the first layout. It was taken as far as we can tell in Dec. of 1991, after DH and I got married in Oct. The journaling reads: "Ever since I got married, when we visit each other we talk a lot. I remember many times, we ended up in my bed room, me laying across the bed, and you either standing, sitting on the bed, or like in this picture, on my cedar chest, and talking for hours. I know a lot of the time when I came home for a visit, you would stop by my room to say good-night, or something, and end up not getting to bed till much later, because we got to talking. Those are some wonderful memories for me, especially since when I was growing up, we didn't always get along. Me being a moody teenager and all!! LOL I am very thankful we can now talk about anything, and everything and have a close Mother/Daughter relationship." Thanks for hanging in there Mom, through all my grumpy teen years!! I love you!

The 2nd layout is my Grandparents holding my niece. I think I have used both of these pictures in a different layout...actually two, one for Grandma and one for Grandpa, but wanted to have a layout with Grandma AND Grandpa together on the layout holding her. I think this is their first time to see her, because they were in Minnesota for the summer, when she was born. I'm sure Uncle Orison sent them pictures, but actually seeing her, and holding her, this would have been the first time.

Kit Credit for both layouts is Yesterdays Remembered by Tina Williams

Last night between downloading Blushbutters newest kit (plan on playing with it next, if all goes well!!!!!) and working on this layout, I had an e-mail conversation with a lady who has been a paper scrapper for years. She had a few questions about Digital Scrapbooking, mostly about if it looks "real" once you print it. Not being a paper scrapper, thats kinda hard for me to say. I know I have printed some out, and then wanted to reach out and feel the textures, because they looked like there should be some, but I don't know if it looks like real paper layouts, without all the lumps. If any of you has an answer to that question I would love for you to leave a comment, so if anyone ever asks me that again, I would be able to answer it better!! I don't really know much about paper scrapping. I know I don't think I would want to have to always clean up, after I was done, and wouldn't like the lumps as much, cause they make the book not close right, and the glue isn't really my thing. I really love the undo button and the fact that you can reuse supplies....thats my two favorite things about Digital. Course the fact that its on the computer, no cleanup, and you can make as many copies of the layouts as you want, are close favorites too!

Well I better go post my layouts and try to get some more outside time in!! LOL I guess today will be my outside day, cause I just feel like being out there, and enjoying the fact that its not to hot, or to cold! I hope everyone is having a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4:19 PM

    I like our talks too and always liked this picture.
    Love Ya,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!