If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Barn Cat

I finally got to scrap again with this beautiful new kit of Blushbutters!!

Monday I was just plain lazy, and then yesterday we had to make an unexpected trip to the VA...not a good day for that, since it was my DH's birthday but I guess those things happen, no mater what day it is. Poor man hasn't had a wonderful birthday this year, cause I won't even let him eat lots of cake with his bloodsugar having been so high...he has to eat small pieces, and I froze half the cake! *giggle* That way its easier to space it out more. He didn't even get the strawberry one that I planed on making him (that's what he wanted) because we weren't home, so he had to make do with a store bought one....we will save the strawberry one for later. His "birthday gifts" that we are going to get him didn't even happen yesterday. I did give him a card at least! ROFL Needless to say I think he has had better birthdays.

This layout shows my favorite cat sitting in the new part of the barn. I thought that background with the old weathered boards were perfect for a "barn cat". Hopefully Friday I can show our "house cat" with the kit....same cat, just sitting on my desk.

Kit Credit: Gentle by Blushbutter. I was going to try to use the Alpha (which is free on Blushbutters blog!) but it wouldn't show up to well on this layout cause it matched the background to well.

I was going to start the special project I'm going to be doing for my niece...yes Kali its for you! LOL...but it hasn't happened, so hopefully next week will go better. I've decided I will post the layouts on my blog instead of waiting till I give it to her, because its going to be a year and a half before she gets it (its a graduation gift) and I won't be able to give it to her ON graduation, because I'll want to include some layouts OF her graduation if possible, so I figured she may as well see them as I go. So maybe next week I can start it.....if I'm lucky! LOL

Well I have some things to do, so I better get off the computer for a little while. I'll post the layout around later...if you happen to like looking in my gallery's, they will be in there later this evening. Thanks for all of your lovely comments!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:53 PM

    This is a wonderful layout! Probably one of your best!!! Love it!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is definetly a stunning layout! I had a customer enquire directly from your layout, where could she buy the pieces that made your page? Your certainly an inspiration Deb! Your putty tat is so cute and he looks so soft to touch and pat.
    I miss my pets, but in this house we couldn't fit em all.
    I'm glad you told Kali , what your planning on doing cos now you can show them off and I can show them off to!!
    don't worry about not getting much done if I know you, I know that when you have goals you always get them done and wonderfully beautiful work to! I'm so excited I can't wait to see what you create this year! I love your Orison layout to with your truck in it, that kit is a must have!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!