If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Blush ~n~ Dusty QP exchange

I finally got my qp's done for the exchange this month. Its over on the 15th, and then a new one starts, so I there is a little time left, but not lots. LOL This kit of Lara's is so pretty! Kit Credit: A Vintage season 1 & 2.

Yesterday I tried a chocolate cake recipe I found, and I gotta say, Its soooo good!! Not something I want to make lots, cause we just don't need it, but its nice to know I can make a good one now and then, even if I don't have a cake mix. It does take buttermilk, but next time I think I'll just get milk, and make my own, by adding vinegar to it, cause then I can use it for other things too. It does take lots of butter, between the cake and the frosting, and it seems we have constantly been low on butter the last several months, so DH had to get some extra yesterday. He took some of it up to the neighbors house this morning, along with a couple chickens he had skinned for them, so at least we don't have to try to eat the whole thing ourselves. If you want the recipe I found it at pioneer woman cooks blog. You can go here to go right to the recipe. I also want to try out her orange muffins (here) but guess I really should wait till we get more butter, cause it would take half of what we have left! LOL Gotta go shopping at the end of the week, so maybe in the next week or two, I can try them....that is if I can find my muffin pans, I don't make muffins much, so not sure if I ever unpacked those or not. Today I'm making bread, I need to make it more often, but haven't really wanted to cook lately.

The neighbor lady just called and wanted the recipe for the cake, so there you go, another person saying its wonderful!! If you like chocolate, you really have to try it! If you don't like chocolate, don't bother, you probably won't like it! *giggle* Make sure you have someone you can give part of it to, or you will be forced to eat it all yourself, (no way could I let it sit there and spoil) and while I would love to eat it all, I'd make myself sick, and even fatter than I already am!

Anyway, I better go get some things done in the kitchen, and check my bread dough. Maybe if I'm lucky I can do a layout tomorrow, we will see! Have a great day, and thanks for your comments, both on my blog, and through e-mails!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you!