If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, January 11, 2008

Prayer Request

My DH had a dr appointment today, just a check up that he has to have every 6 months or so, because he is diabetic. He has been diabetic for several years now, and had it under control, with just one pill a day for quite a while. Under control, meaning his A1C (3 month range of blood sugars) was normal, not high, but normal, naturally only because of that one pill a day, but still it had been normal for several years without to much effort on his part...easily able to work in those special treats like apple pie, or chocolate cake, not that they were a daily thing by any means.

The last time he got checked it was higher, but we figured it was because he had run out of his meds and had trouble getting them refilled, and was completely out, not taking them for a month. So today we get told that his blood sugar is out of control, and they wanted to put him on insulin. Not what we wanted to hear, going from normal a year ago, to out of control, and the highest it has ever been makes me worried.

We were also told that stress raises the blood sugar (which we knew anyway, it was just confirmed), and after hearing that he has been under quite a bit of stress lately, they told us to get rid of it, and work hard to get the numbers back down, or he would have to go to insulin. Granted this isn't the end of the world, and a lot of people take it, but it doesn't allow as much freedom as the pill he has been taking has, and makes it harder to get to far from your next dose. He would also have to watch for low blood sugar lots more, which can be deadly. Frankly I'm not thrilled with the idea (as you can tell) and he isn't either, cause of having to "stick" himself everyday. So now we have to reduce stress, and get back to eating better. Hmmm the eating better thing could be the easiest of the two.

I think I'm going to have to be the one to try to reduce the stress level, as trying to reduce it himself, may not be as effective as me doing it, because I am a bit more stuborn than he is...plus it could cause him more stress, so I guess I will have to get started on that. One guess as to what is causing the most stress around here....and no its NOT the shortage of money...or me! I have really tried my best to avoid causing more stress, by staying out of "stress's" way, but when it comes down to the health of the wonderful man I married, I don't mind stepping in, and putting a stop to what is causing it. Its gotta get a better attitude, or leave, that's all there is to it. No ifs, ands or buts will be tolerated. So any prayers you can send up, would be greatly appreciated. I would like my wonderful hubby to live a long happy life, and the longer he can stay off insulin, the better.

Thanks so much for your prayers, as I know several of you will be there praying for us. They really are appriciated a lot!!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:24 PM

    Well i hope he gets to feeling better. Tell him he better cuz i said so lol. I know the prob. lol. u just didnt say it. that was good. lol. anyway off to a basketball game. have a good night. GET TO FEELING BETTER UNCLE GALEN!!!!
    Kali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers to you and your hubby, Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, sending prayers your way...
    So sorry about the results, hoping the talk goes well for you :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!