If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, February 28, 2008

Slow scrappin' week

Ok, actually I'm thinking the title should say slow scrappin YEAR!! *giggle* Cause so far it has been kinda slow around here, creative wise. Oh well, guess it will pick up eventually. This layout actually took me ALL day....I did other things in between working on it, but I would come do something, then go do something else, then come back, and think of something else to do....then give up and go off and do other things again! LOL I'm wondering if I should just take a week off, not open psp at all, and see if that helps....doubt it would though, so I keep pluggin along, and taking forever on a layout but least that way one eventually gets done.

This layout is another one for my niece's book, its the extended family on her Dad's (and yes, mine too)side of her family. I will do a page to go with it, with the extended family on her Mothers side, once I get some photos of them from her other Grandmother. This is one of those kinda introduction pages...it will go toward the first of the book, just basically showing some of the closest family members. Extended family is wonderful to have, when you can be close to them, and she has been close to all of her Aunts and Uncles I think. Not all the Great-Aunts and Uncles, cause she doesn't see them lots, but her Mom's sisters and brother....and I....have been really lucky to have her in our lives, and for her to want to be in ours. Since I live so far away from her, I don't get to see her as often, as the others, but I sure enjoy it when I can. I know Uncle Orison would have loved to live and watch her grow up, cause he really adored her too. I love those two photo's I used of her with her great-grandparents too. Both of them look so happy to be holding her.

Kit Credit: Heartstrings Baby Boy kit by Blushbutter

Well I know after almost 17 years of marriage, I should be used to my DH and how he can talk someones leg off, but WOW!! We had a neighbor lady stop by this evening, and I'm sure she was wondering if she was ever going to be able to leave! I thought I was going to have to put a muzzle on him or something. *giggle* It really is a good thing in a way, cause least then no one notices when I don't say much. (Yes, that does happen a lot in real life, I tend to be quiet....not ramble on and on like I do on here! LOL) So I'm not really complaining! LOL Just chuckling over the fact that he goes off on tangents so much.....LONG tangents sometimes.

Anyway, I need to get this layout posted, so I better get off here, before it gets any later! I hope everyone is having a good week. DH said it was suppose to be 60 F. here on Sat!!!!!!!!!!!!! Going to have to go outside and enjoy it, if I can stay out of the mud!! Hopefully by then the goat will have had her babies...she STILL hasn't, even though DH thought for SURE she was going into labor a couple days ago. Darn goat! LOL Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:33 PM

    Great layout!! ... Love the filmstrip. ...I've been slower on the scrapping myself lately, but yesterday evening my router went down. Since I couldn't get online, I added up getting quite a few layouts done. :D

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!