If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Praise God and Thank you.

We had an appointment at the VA today for Lab work, to check and see how DH was doing after 3 months of less stress, and being a little more diligent on what he is eating (and I just have to say, I didn't nag him much at all...I did a little, but not all that much...you can ask him if you don't believe me!! LOL). We weren't suppose to hear anything until the Dr called on Friday to talk to us. This is something they do some, instead of having us actually see her, I guess it saves time, and lets them do a check on his blood work, between regular visits. So anyway, we were doing our monthly shopping...killing two birds with one stone, or should I say one tank of gas...when his cell phone rings. It was the nurse that was assigned to work with us and talk to him every week or two, to see how things were going. Now not expecting to hear from anyone from the VA till Friday morning, and just having had blood work done, getting an unexpected call from them was a little alarming for a moment, till we found out why...both of our minds went to the worst case naturally, instead of thinking it could be good news (shame on us).

Praise God it was Good News!! The nurse said she just HAD to call and tell him that his A1C (blood sugars) was down to 6.0....from 9.2 three months ago!! Yippee!!!!!! *giggle* Naturally the relief that it was good news not bad was wonderful. The knowledge that even though we ended up alienating a family member, when we " got rid of the stress" at least we know for sure that it worked, was good too.

His A1C being 6.0 is actually lower than it ever has been, since he first learned he was Diabetic, I think that's because of the extra drug they put him on, to help lower it faster, which we will request they take him off of, or at least drop the dosage this time and if he is still good in 3 months, then take him off it, because he hovered around 6.5 before the stress, and extra meds, and they always said that was good, so I would rather he go back to where he was and be taking less meds if he can.

Anyway, we are both REALLY happy about this news, we knew it would be down, because his morning sugars were down, however I didn't know they would be THAT low. To God goes the glory, and our heartfelt thanks!! Also I wanted to say Thank You to all of you friends and family members who have helped us pray for a good outcome!! Thank you so much, I know prayer is powerful, but I really LOVE it, when I get to SEE the results. Thank You so much.

Now I need to stop rambling and get on with telling about the layout! LOL This is DH's Grandparents on their wedding day...(almost sure it then anyway) and the couple behind them (we think) is his Grandmother's sister and hubby. Now I know, in family history research we should KNOW things, before we document them like this...however with Digital Scrapbooking, its SOOO easy to delete the existing journaling if we later find its wrong (since I keep the layered version of the file along with the flattened one) so I wrote it as DH told it to me, and if we find out something different I will change it. I don't have his family history as well documented as my side is, because no one on his side did as much...least not as far as I know, as my Uncle and other relatives did on mine. And naturally I haven't been concentrating on doing it either, since I discovered digi scrappin! LOL

I have to thank DH's oldest brother for this photo, and several more that he scanned in, and put on disk for us. I love this photo, and the coloring and shading on it. I did a few adjustments to it, tried to get rid of some blemishes, and took a little of the fog away, but I'm really not great at fixing photo's, so if you look close, you can still see some smudges, and or scratches on it. But still, its a beautiful photo I think. Thanks Bill!!

And just LOOK at that quilling!! LOL Can I gush, or would that be to embarrassing? Blushbutter just got her "box of quilling" into her store yesterday, and I downloaded it, and just HAD to do a layout real quick with two of the quilling corners she had made, because I knew we would be gone today, so I wouldn't be able to play. I didn't have time to try to put my own together with all the beautiful quilling pieces she included in the kit, but I doubt mine would have been as beautiful anyway. I also didn't have time to post it last night, so it had to wait till now.

What is it about quilling that I've always loved? I remember seeing some at some of the craft shows I've been do, decorating poems and the like, in frames, I never bought any, but I always admired it. Now I can make my own...granted you can't reach out and feel it raised on paper....but it sure looks like you should be able to, and if its behind glass in a frame, you wouldn't know it anyway! :)

Kit Credit: Quilling box of paper filagree, Victorian Wedding Kit and Digital Lace frames ALL by Blushbutter

I better get this layout posted around, and answer some e-mails, so I can get to bed, I was up way to early this morning (woke up a little after 5, and since I had to get up at 6 anyway, I just stayed up) and I'm really tired right now! Thanks again for all your prayers and your comments.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:52 AM

    I'm so glad you got a great report from the doctor! That is awesome!!

    Love the layout too! I am very much into heritage layouts. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:28 PM

    Less stress sure makes a difference. Glad Galen is doing better.

    The LO is really nice.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!