If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, May 08, 2008

All abuzzzz

I didn't get any scrappin done today, as you can see, but I wanted to share a couple photos instead. After I got done mowing this afternoon, DH was working on a gate, down by an old apple tree that was here when we moved here. He came in and told me that there were a bunch of bees in the tree, that is just COVERED with blossoms. So I went out and got a few photo's. I sent him a couple too, so its possible later on tonight...or whenever the next time he blogs is....that he will have a couple more on his blog. I think the blossoms are so pretty, especially when there are some little pink buds close by.

It was fun trying to catch the bees with my camera, especially with its lag...and it being hard to see for sure if I'm pointing in the right spot, on the little tiny screen, but I got several neat shots. I couldn't believe how much pollen some of the bees had on their little legs. You can see here, the big chunks of yellow pollen, on its legs. I think our tree...or trees, as there is another one closer to the creek but it doesn't usually have many apples on it...has more blossoms on it, than it did a couple years ago, when I thought it was covered, is just beautiful, and while I don't like bees, cause I hate getting stung, it was cool listening to all of them buzzing around the tree. They weren't interested in me at all, with all those wonderful smelling blossoms around.

My photo book news:

I do want to say that I'm impressed with the customer service of mypictales.com so far. I didn't have lots of time to be on the computer today, but the owner has contacted me, trying to set up a time when we can get together and try to work out my problem of not being able to upload my book to their site, so once we can get together, hopefully we can work something out. I sent them a list of times, so I'm sure I'll be hearing from them. They also assured me, that even if I miss the window of the 40% off coupon, they would let me have it for that, since I wasn't able to upload, so I'm not so worried about getting it done NOW as I was. I'm just really glad they are willing to help...my luck, it will turn out that I did something stupid, and caused a big ruckus for nothing. *giggle*

If you have hard water, you HAVE to try this!!

Speaking of being impressed....I read about a product on Pioneer Woman's blog a few weeks ago (I don't remember which section it was in, I used to just read her cooking blog, because she has some yummy recipes on it, but she pulled me in to reading the rest of it after a few weeks, so now I don't remember where I see what)that sounded wonderful, and like something that IF it worked, would be something that was a MUST to keep around. Its called Lemi Shine and is suppose to help get the hard water film off your dishes, in your dishwasher. I'm an extremely skeptical person, especially when it comes to removing hard water film/drops/stains from anything, I've tried things in the past, that said it would, but they didn't work. However since she was raving about it, an since I was having a HUGE problem with the film being left on everything I decided to try some this month. My poor plates had white film all over them, and some baking dishes I had, were grungy and never looked clean...I mean REALLY grungy, rather disgusting, which had I not been so busy working on my book, I would have broke down and scrubbed them to try to get at least some of it off....and I HATE scrubbing! LOL

Anyway, the first time I used the stuff, I noticed a difference in things, the silverware was shinier looking as well as a few other items. I then ran the dishwasher with nothing in it, but some of the lemi shine, to clean it, and then the next time I ran it, with dishes in it, I had my clear plastic steamer basket in it to wash. Now this poor thing looked pretty bad too, all cloudy and scratched looking, but when I opened the dishwasher to put the dishes away it was sparkling back at me from the bottom rack....REALLY actually sparkling!! I tell you, it looked like it was brand new!! I couldn't believe my eyes, and had to go running to tell my DH all about it! HE was even impressed!!

This last time I ran the dishwasher, I washed those baking dishes that I was talking about. I was busy so didn't even think about it, but when I went to put the dishes away, there they were....yep, sparkling like new on the bottom shelf of the dishwasher. They were SOOOO bad, I really thought it would take more than one time to get them back to looking good, but nope, they are almost all clear, and sparkly just like when they were new. Just a couple little spots, that didn't come off, but I'm sure they will next time. Again I had to tell DH, he is probably getting tired of me raving about how cool that stuff is, and saying how much I LOVE it! LOL My red and white speckled enamel plates that I love, that DH bought me years ago for my birthday, had a white film on them....but no more, they are pretty and shinny and new looking again! I'm so happy, that I can now love my dishwasher again, because I really don't like washing dishes by hand, and avoid it as much as possible.

I think Pioneer Woman mentioned using it for other things like getting the hard water stains out of your toilet and all, but so far I haven't managed to try it for anything else, but I'm sure I will. I found it at Wal-mart, but I think there are other stores that sell it too...or you can buy it online... if any of you have a big hard water problem, and want to try it. It really is worth it, even if you don't use it every time, least you can use it now and then, to get rid of that horrible white scale that likes to collect on your dishes. FINALLY something that is suppose to help with hard water problems that actually works for me!!!

Anyway, now that I've rambled on, I better quit, I need to go start some peas, for supper, as the rest of it is almost done. I hope everyone is having a good day!! Thanks so much for your wonderful comments. :)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous2:21 PM

    Man, you are so brave!! If Joe told me there were a bunch of bees on a tree, I would avoid that tree at ALL COSTS! *rofl*

    Great photos though!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!