If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, June 24, 2008

More of Kali's layouts.

I'm so bad! I really do love the rich red/maroon colors that Blushbutter used in her newest kit, BUT with those bubbles in the kit, especially the big one, with the tail, like its just coming out of the bubble wand, I had to use it with these pictures of Kali, blowing bubbles at her Dads wedding, which also meant I had to change the reds in the kit, to purple. Naturally I also had to do that to the layout that goes beside the wedding one, that was taken about two months later, with her wearing the same lavender dress. So both of these layouts are using Blushbutters newest kit, but with the reds changed to purple. The only reason I still have psp 11 on my computer (since I can't use it, with it freezing up on me to often), is so I can take advantage of their color change tool, so I don't have to change the whole project to the purples, which worked good in this instance, because the paper tears could stay their own color, as well as the swirl on the 2nd page. If there is a way to do that in X, then I haven't figured it out yet (or in ps for that matter). LOL

I like this first layout the best, the 2nd one is nice enough, but its more simple, and I just couldn't think of what else to add to it. Course really, the first one was kinda simple looking too, till I put the bubble overlay on it, then it seemed to fill in some of those empty spots. LOL

Anyway, the photo of Kali blowing bubbles, in the first layout, isn't really that good a photo, its a little on the blurry side, and grainy, but I still had to use it. Its also not from a digital camera, so the quality of the photo wouldn't be as good and clear, as the digital's usually seem to be...but it seems worse then usual. LOL However as soon as I saw the bubbles in this kit, I knew I had to use it for these photos. I was going to use one of the wands too, but since Kali has a little one in her hand already, I thought it would be kinda cool, to have the bubble look like it was coming out from it. I also thought it was neat to put a photo "in" the bubble. Then that bubble overlay, with all the bubbles around the edge, is just beautiful! I did take a few out of the middle, as they were covering some faces, but I just had to use it, so had to. Isn't this kit just wonderful? Course that's not unusual, as all of Blushbutters kits are!!

Kit Credit: Unicorn & Fairy Kit by Blushbutter. Purple backgrounds and flowers on swirl, were recolored.

I hope to play with it more, cause there is lots more I want to use it in, but this will do for today! LOL I do need to go finish up the two layouts I started the other day too, before I totally forget about them. :) Hope you are having a good week, its raining here again, as usual, so no hay can get done...sure hope it gives us several dry days during the week, all in a row soon!!!

Thanks so much for your wonderful comments, they make my day!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:48 PM

    Great layouts! (as always) ... LOVE the bubbles too! I got the kit from Blush... Now I have to work with it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the purple with Kali's photo's.
    And those bubbles are sure neat.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very beautiful, I love all the sparklies and love how pretty the purple goes with the creme. I will have to remember that colour combination for future possible kits ;)
    love how you have her parents framed in the bubble heart, love your extractions, so perfectly done! These layouts should really be in magazines you know!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!