If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Summer

Doesn't this photo just scream Summer? A lazy summer afternoon spent fishing beside the cool water of a Missouri pond. Yep, that says summer to me, not that I've ever been a big fan of fishing, but used to love to go out on the boat with my Uncle Orison on the lake in Minnesota. Loved our times together, once in a while he could convince me to fish, but I preferred just lounging, enjoying the peaceful lake and chatting now and then. Its easier to soak up the peacefulness if you weren't busy trying to catch those pesky fish. LOL

Anyway, this photo is my niece on her birthday, with her boyfriend. On her way home from our house, her & her Mom, stopped so she could spend a few hours with her boyfriend, on her birthday. They ended up going fishing, I didn't think to ask if they caught anything, but I do know she had a great time! :) I love this photo, because its so pretty there by that pond, and as an added plus, my niece is in the photo! *giggle* Thanks for sending me these photos Kali, I'll try to do another layout with some of the others you sent soon!

Kit Credit: Enjoy Life by GiselaB Designs

I can't believe this is Wed. already, plus today is almost gone. Where has the time gone, I can't seem to get many layouts done lately, and its not looking good for at least another month or so....apple season is coming quickly, and I'm not ready yet! LOL I still want to rearrange my pantry, get some more things out of it, so I have some more shelf space for some more jars. I'm wanting to can some apples and apple butter, but have no spot for the full jars...so one of these days I have to find time to do that, between all my other projects.

Yesterday was our shopping day for next month...we went a few days early, cause the new SG1 movie came out yesterday, and we just HAD to get it! *giggle* We watched it last night, and of course enjoyed it. I think I kinda liked the first one better in a way, but this one was good too. I sure hope they make more!!!!! :)

Last night, after we came home, Galen noticed one of our baby boar goats was missing, this morning, our new neighbor told him he found it (or what was left with it) over on his land. The first thought Galen had was coyotes, however the neighbor said it wasn't all torn apart, like they would probably do. Then another neighbor asked if we had lost any goats, and when Galen said we had, he said a mountain lion has been spotted around here. OMGoodness!! This is Nebraska! Eastern Nebraska! We are NOT suppose to have trouble with mountain lions!!! LOL Ok, I know some have been spotted around the state, but darn, I was hoping they would stay away from our poor little goats...or anything else we don't want them getting.

DH has talked about getting a llama for protection, of the goats...a donkey would work, but to me, llama's are neater. LOL We may have to be a little more serious about looking for one, much as I hate to. Course who knows if even they could keep the goats safe from mountain lions! I'll have to have DH do a little research, and see which would be more likely to win, (llama, or donkey) should one come around.

Anyway, I've got things to do, so better get off here. I hope everyone is enjoying their week. One of these days, I'll get back to scrappin more! I haven't even done much on the other project I mentioned the other day. LOL One of these days....hopefully.

Take Care.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:15 PM

    Aw look at us!!! lol I LOVE THIS LAYOUT!!!!! Thanks so much for doing it for me. Anyway no we didnt catch anything unless u count the frog he caught. lol. He was showing off. U know how they are around their girls. lol. And it was really pretty there. It was SOOOOOO hot though but i really didnt notice it until i got home. I like to fish but it was even more fun that he was there with me. We had a blast.

    kali

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:31 PM

    Mountain lions... SCARY! ... We have cougars up in the woods behind the house, but I think it's been a while since anyone has seen one here. (When we moved in 3 different people told me that they saw one HERE IN THE SUBDIVISION... Scared me to DEATH!)

    I had NO IDEA that llamas would protect against them though. Weird... I read that barking dogs could scare them off, because of the noise though. *lol*

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!