If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Saturday, August 02, 2008

Blush ~n~ Dusty Yahoo Group Layout Challenge

Journaling will be at the end of the post. This is my layout for this months Blush ~n~ Dusty Challenge. The challenge is to do a layout of your favorite vacation spot. This was always mine, when I was growing up. It still would be, if my Grandparents still owned the cabin. I do miss going up there sometimes, even though its been years since I've been there. There is a lot of family history up in that neck of the woods, because my ancestors were the first permanent white settlers in the area, so between the family stories, and my own memories it is a special place for me.

My Uncle Orison took several sunset photos (regular readers will know how much I LOVE sunsets. LOL) and this is one of my favorite for some reason. I think I love the soft pinks and blues and the dock in there with the clump of grass too. Then of course the cabin which I actually helped build, and was probably the last roof I was on...since I was so scared trying to get off of it, I refused to get on another one. LOL The cabin was on the edge of the trees, with the lake in front of it, and I always thought it was so beautiful there. I loved the trees all around it, and the long driveway winding down through them. But the first thing I always had to do, when I got there was go down to the lake, gaze out over the water, and enjoy that feeling of belonging, which I always had there for some reason...maybe it was because of all those generations that came before me, who lived in the area all those years before.


Kit Credit: Antique Beauty by Lara Payton & cream doily from August Challenge kit by Blushbutter

Anyway, before I get to sad, cause I miss it, I'll move on! LOL I hope some of you will join me in our trip this month, so maybe I can pretend I'm going on vacation and seeing new sites! *giggle* So come join us at Blush ~n~ Dusty and show us YOUR favorite place to vacation!!!

I hope you all have a great weekend!!

Take Care, and thanks so much for your comments, they do make my day!

Journaling for layout:

Battle Lake Minnesota, is the one place I always
wanted to be, in the summer when I was growing up.
Even now, I long to visit, even though the cabin isn't
ours anymore. I loved the sounds of the loons, hearing
the boats on the water, listening to the water lap against
the dock, while I sunned myself, and smelling the lake
smells, as the breeze blew across the water. I loved the
peacefulness, the family history, and the beauty that was
all around us. I loved playing Othello with Uncle
Orison in the quiet of the evening, talking with Grandpa
and helping Grandma make chokecherry jelly. That
little cabin, by the lake, was always my favorite vacation spot.


1 comment:

  1. Blushbutter always has such great unique things! Keep on making those great designs!

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!