If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Friday, August 29, 2008

Happy Anniversary to my parents!

First of all, in case I don't post here again, before my Parents Anniversary next Tuesday I just had to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! I hope you have a great day!! I love you both. :)

This first photo is one I took of the different things I canned in the past 2 or 3 weeks. Three different sized jars of apple butter, a few jars of apple pie filling, some Elderberry juice, and Jelly. Course I didn't take a photo of the shelf in the freezer, that is full of frozen apples for pie's too! LOL I did some smaller jars of apple butter, because we don't eat all that much at a time, and it can go bad, if we get out of wanting to eat it, so this way we we can open a small jar, and have less open, to end up throwing out, if it stays in the fridge to long. The pints I mostly did, cause we always end up giving some away, so those can be given to other people, and if they end up wasting it, at least I won't know about it. LOL

I filled up the shelf in the pantry, that I had cleared out, so I guess its time to stop canning, even though there are lots more apples out there on the tree. At the most I'll do another caner full of apple pie filling, but that's kinda iffy. I have to admit, I'm tired of canning for this year. LOL I had to much going on, to really enjoy it, trying to get the store going, can, and other things, so I'm glad its pretty much over. I've had to let other things slide, and who knows if I can ever get caught up on them but I may try. LOL

I do love those flowers in the picture(the farmers around here call them weeds) they are so bright and cheerful. My DH brought them in to me the other day, he is such a sweetie. He knows I love him bringing me in flowers, even if they ARE "weeds".

These two layouts are a couple of the qp's from last months qp exchange on Blush ~n~ Dusty. We ended up with 68 (I think....60 something anyway) of them! It was so hard to choose which two to use, for these two layouts, but finally settled on these two, as they had the perfect amount of spaces, for my photos, and will look good side by side. Quick Pages are so nice to use, when you are in a hurry, and don't have a lot of time, but yet need to do some pages, because you are getting behind on the book you are making your niece...*giggle* For that matter, my other books I'm suppose to be working on, are SO behind! I need to get caught up on this years photos, and get 2006 photos finished up! I really wanted those two books finished by the first of Jan, or mid Jan at the latest...I'm thinking they probably won't be though. LOL May have to try to look through more of my qp's from the exchanges and use some more just to try to catch up.

The first qp is from Rhonda, the 2nd, from Tina Williams. My niece is feeding one of my Dad's baby goats in the first one, and "helping" me do dishes in the 2nd one.

Kit Credit: Unicorn and Fairy Kit by Blushbutter

Well better get going, have things to do, and supper will be done before I finish them all I'm afraid. I hope you all have a great weekend, stay safe, especially if you are traveling for the long holiday weekend for those of you who get a long weekend. And thanks so much for your comments both here on my blog, and through e-mail! Especially for those of you who wished me well with my new store, I sure appriciate it! :)

4 comments:

  1. these are so beautiful, just popped in to look around at your shop and it is fantastic!! congratulations!!! I just know your going to do so well, your designs are so beautiful and feminine! I can't wait to see your next kit and I wish I could eat some of your apple butter! hug's
    blushbutter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:13 AM

    You are such a domestic diva! I am always so impressed by everything you two do and make!!!

    Sorry I haven't been by... Joe's been on vacation and we went on a 5 day camping trip, and then yesterday we hit the zoo (we have a new baby elephant!)

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the LO of Kali. Always liked that picture of her feeding the baby goat.

    Your canning is looking delicious.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at all the sparklies on your layouts....it really gives them a feeling of their own.

    Wow, you can. I don't garden in order to can...my men are such picky eaters. It looks like great food though in your photo.

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!