If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, August 14, 2008

My New Car

I'm really going to have to stop trying to take photo's of vehicles in the evening, they just don't turn out as well as they should. LOL Hopefully they are good enough to show you what I'm talking about though. I was to busy to do it earlier today.

This is my new car!! (new to me) I guess that means I have to stop teasing DH about his truck being mine. *giggle* Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. As you can see....maybe....the car is already dirty, that's what happens when you live on a gravel road. You just can't keep things clean. Least its still pretty, and not to dirty inside...if I can just make sure DH doesn't get it that way, by driving it with yucky shoes! That's one of the joys of living on the farm, I guess. Easy to find mud, or muck, to track around, where I don't want it. LOL

With my wonderful DH's help, I managed to get enough apples in the freezer for 10 pies. I'm so thankful he helped, since I haven't been able to do any before now, and have a ton of things to do, the apples are seeming a little overwhelming right now. Unfortunately, he does have other things he needs to do, so I can't count on his help all that much. I may have to revise my thoughts on how much I want done of canned apples, and apple butter, if I ever plan on getting any of my other projects finished up too. I just don't know how long the apples will last, and hate to waste to many of them, by doing a little bit each day, but can't do them ALL day EVERY day either.

I was rushing trying to keep up with DH today though, he would run them through the peeler, and I had trouble keeping up with cutting them up, and putting the stuff on them for pies, getting them into bags and into the freezer. It made it so much faster having him do that part of it. I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten 10 bags into the freezer today, had he not helped. Thanks Dear!! 10 more bags, and I'll start canning and doing apple butter, for a while, because 20 bags will work unless I have time and enough apples to do more later...course I want to make sure we save some freezer space for some deer, in case we get some more this year! :)

Anyway, just had to stop and show off my new car! Gotta get off here and do some other things, I do hope you have a great weekend, I doubt I'll be posting anymore till next week, so hopefully I can get a bunch done! LOL

Take Care!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:07 AM

    It's a pretty car! Sometimes I wish we could get a smaller car, so it would be better on gas milage... But with 4 kids, we couldn't fit into a smaller car... And I'll take the kids over the car anyday! *rofl*

    Enjoy your new ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:23 PM

    Well, now you match, a pretty red car and a pretty red truck.

    Sounds like your getting lots of apples.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!