If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Saying good bye...

...to old faithful. Least we maybe saying goodbye to what has been one of the best trucks we ever had. It just isn't 4X4, which we really need in the winter...or at least front wheel drive. It does have REALLY high miles too, and doesn't get as good of gas miliage as the car should. But its always been so comfy to ride in, (more than anything we have gotten since, including the red truck) and is what we used for the most part, when we didn't use our Expidition, in the winter when it was bad...when we worked on windows and doors. So it really is time to retire it, with its almost 350000 miles, but in a way, its a little sad to see it go. There are a lot of memories in that truck, from all the different places we traveled around the midwest. I'm really happy we aren't still doing that, but I do love the memories of all the experiences we had. That truck pretty much made it possible to buy our farm, which we both love, cause it helped us make enough money, so we had enough for a downpayment. Yep, it is a little sad to see it go.

Today we went to Lincoln to look at a car the Ford dealer in town told us about. Its a little more than I wanted to spend, for an 8 year old car, although at least the miles are below 100000. Thankfully we do have enough money for it, just hoped to get a little newer car for the price. Yes I know, I'm just ridiculously cheap! *giggle*

We may be getting it tomorrow, we drove it down here for him, so he didn't have to go get it, since we were there, and tomorrow go in to talk to him and probably sign papers. It will be nice to have something that gets better gas mileage, that is for sure. I do wish it was EXACTLY what I wanted of course, but then I'm rather picky. LOL Its really close, AND its red...or a red, and I have always loved red cars for some reason. There are a couple options it doesn't have, that I really wanted, although one I really had given up on, so basically one thing, and that we can add ourselves eventually...I'm hoping.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll have to post a photo if it actually does become ours tomorrow. If it doesn't, then guess we are still going to be looking for one. Its been almost a year, since we told the dealer we were interested in finding one...so hopefully we can stop bugging him. LOL

Our Funny Doxie's

I have said for years, that I think our doxie's know English, and totally understand what we say. It was that way, with the last pair we had, and is once again that way with this set...Autumn & Rascal. Yesterday, I was saying to DH "tonight its your turn to hand out the goodies" because he hadn't for a few days, and they kept coming to me, for the ones I give them.

Somehow we each have picked out a different kind, that we give them, mine I keep in my desk drawer, and DH's is either in the pantry, or in his office. I used to have a mint kind I would give them, but couldn't find them one day, when I went shopping, so tried a different kind, and Autumn who LOVES mint, loves these even better I think, or at least as well as the others, and Rascal, REALLY loves these new ones lots better. He tolerated the others, but is happy I switched. Since they seem to like them so well, I haven't bought the mint ones for a while now.

Anyway, since DH hadn't handed his out for a while, I figured it was high time he did it for a change, so I didn't end up running out before the end of the month. Autumn must have heard me (and remembered) because our evening ritual is to eat supper while we watch one or two episodes of Star Gate, or Star Trek...we are watching Star Trek now...and then once that's over, we read a couple pages in the Bible, before we get up, and do whatever else we are going to do that evening. The dogs know this, and don't usually stir when we move to grab the Bibles, till we put them down. Last night, Autumn jumped down off my lap, when I moved to get the bibles, and wondered into the dinning room, then back a couple of times, while we were reading.

She was in the other room, when we got finished, and came racing back in when she heard we were done and the way she came racing in, we knew exactly what was on her mind. Sometimes she sneezes when she wants something, then will start barking, last night, she went straight for the barking. Rascal joined in some, although not as much as usual, because Autumn was doing way more than her usual. Naturally they got what their funny little hearts desired, but they had to entertain us a little bit first. It was so funny watching them work us, letting us know exactly what they wanted.

I think that long wait, for the afternoon to end, once I told DH it was his turn, must have been almost to much for our little girl to handle, with how impatient she was, for us to get done reading, and get up and give them some goodies. Its not like they get them everyday, not even between the two of us, but she just HAD to have heard me, and knew what I said, to be that sure they were going to get some. And usually they don't hit me up for some till I'm in my office, so they knew which ones they were getting too. They are just the best little entertainers!! Either that, or I'm easily entertained, I don't know which, and don't care, cause I love how they make me laugh! :)

P.S. They have been known to get one from each of us, in one day...when I don't know DH has given them his...so along with them being great entertainers, they can also be little con artists!! *snicker*

PPS - That was the 2nd time they made me laugh yesterday, the first time was at lunch, I gave them each a corner of a slice of bread, and Rascal did his usual "I don't really want it, but I don't want her to have it" thing. He would pick it up, nibble it a little then spit it out and if she even looked at him, he would grab it again. He finally spit it out closer to her, and wasn't quick enough to grab it before she got it from him. It was so funny, she was looking at us and must have seen it out of the corner of her eye, cause she actually spun her wheels turning, and leaping on it, to snag it. She was fast, and I was laughing so hard. Ahhh the joy's of being owned by a Dachshund!

Well its getting late, and I have a few things to do, before I go to bed, so I better get going. I hope you all are having a good week! Its not really going as planned here, but then, what else is new. LOL

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:01 AM

    Isn't it funny how we can miss things like our vehicles? ... I wish we still had Joe's first pick-up truck, even though it only seated 2 people and the kids wouldn't be able to ride in it...

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!