If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Tuesday, October 21, 2008

GRRRRRRR...

Even though I stayed up late, I got up at my usual time, so I could attempt to do a bunch more layouts. I got my e-mails gone through and answered, and a few other things done, and was just about to start on layouts, when the electricity went out. Not just flashing on and off, like it does do once in a while, but out and staying out! I have a battery backup for my computer, so at least it doesn't totally shut off when that happens, but I do have to shut it down, as it would only run it for 5 min. or so...its just there to save it from shutting down wrong, should the electricity go out.

So I shut down my computer, put my shoes on, and stomped out to see my DH. Yes I'm afraid I stomped, as I wasn't real happy. *giggle* When I got to where he was, I stopped, and told him we didn't have electricity, and its probably THEM *pointing towards the sound of a tractor on the old part of our farm* that cut the line!!! He hadn't even noticed that it sounded like someone was working on something at our new neighbor's place. LOL So he got in the truck and drove up there, and sure enough, they had someone there, working on their driveway, and he had dug up the electricity, which also affected ours. Thankfully it didn't take them all day to get it fixed, but for the 2-3 hours that it did take, I was miffed, cause I had such plans for today....on the computer. LOL

I did survive, and still managed to get 9 layouts done (some of which you see here) but just think how many I could have finished had that not happen! *giggle* Oh well, I'm just thankful that I still managed 9.

The first layout is a sunset, gotta love our beautiful sunsets! Kit Credit: Leah's Garden by Linda Cumberland.

Again, I won't link to the kits, as they were all bought at the same place I got the ones from yesterday (except for the kit I used on the last layout). I think their kits seem to work good for my country/farm photo's. LOL Not that lots of others wouldn't, but for some reason, I opened that store's folder, and haven't gotten out of it much.

The 2nd layout is a couple photos of Autumn, my "baby girl" as I sometimes call her. :) Kit Credit: Harvest Harmony by Lynn Griffin & Linda Cumberland.

The 3rd layout is both of our Doxie's, Rascal is eating the skin of a cucumber, which he isn't real fond of, but once Autumn is done with her pile, he will nibble on his one, so she can't have it. Autumn is a Veggie Lover...and Fruit Lover, Rascal is our meat lover. LOL Kit Credit: Leah's Garden by Linda Cumberland

The 4th layout is my DH on his new rider, that he has been wanting for ages. Kit Credit: Sense of Wonder & Add on by Lynn Griffin

The last layout is when we went to get some rocks out of the field we were selling. We love our big rocks, we have one from Minnesota, that my Uncle got, and now one from our old field sitting out in our front yard. Kit Credit: Memory Lane by JulieO of Stone Accents.

Ok, that's all I'm going to share this time, got some things to do, I'm trying to go through my photo's and get them whittled down, so I just have what I want to scrap, in the different monthly folders...hopefully I can finish that tonight, so then I can scrap, scrap, scrap till I'm done! LOL

One more thing, just in case you haven't heard, Blushbutter has a new kit out called Faery Kisses in Blue, that I know most of you will like. Even if you aren't all that into Faery's there is plenty in it to scrap non-faery pages! I got it downloaded today (It's huge!) and looked at it, and can't wait to use it. However since I'm on a roll with my everyday layouts that I am just doing quickly, I'm going to do them for a little longer, before I stop and use her newest one! :) I try to take more time with her kits, cause I just love them and want the layouts to be better than they would be, if I just slapped things onto the pages like I've been doing. *giggle* If I get stalled out on these quick and easy layouts I've been doing, I'll stop and play with her kit...or if I get quite a few done in a day and still have time, I'll play. :) I just wanted to make sure you all knew she had one out! Its beautiful, and it will be coming out in several other colors too, once she has time to finish up the others.

Another week like the last couple days, and I'll be caught up on 2008 photo's I think, so I can slow down a tad bit again. LOL Take more time on each layout, and maybe work on some more of Kali's book. Yippee!! :)

I hope you all are having a great week, thanks so much for your comments both here and through e-mails, they really make my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd LOVE to hear from you!