If you run across a post where the photo's aren't showing please contact me so I can fix the links!


Thursday, October 16, 2008

I just had to use them...

I have been wanting to make some clusters, since I fell in love with them, but that kinda thing is hard for me to make...I just find it hard to group lots of things together, and have them look nice. But I got the idea to use the crochet flowers and leaves that I extracted from the collar of my wedding dress, when I was starting to make my wedding kit. So yesterday I started playing and came up with these three...the top and bottom of this first layout are two different clusters, and the page frame on the 2nd layout is the 3rd cluster. I really love how they turned out so had to use them right away.

I used a background from my Wedding Dreams Kit, and also a little note card from the kit. The frame in the first layout is in the kit also, but its also hanging from the top cluster. The kit and clusters will be in my store for sale within a week or two but I just couldn't wait to use them myself! LOL I used photos from my own wedding in them, the first layout my DH had handed a card around the door for me, and my Uncle caught me reading it on film. The 2nd layout is some last min. adjustments and instructions that my Maid of Honor's sister was helping me with.

Kit Credit: Wedding Dreams Clusters & Kit by Doxie Designs (coming soon to my store!) 3 slot Silver frame on 2nd layout isn't in the kit, its just one I threw together real quick, for my layout.

I think that full page boarder (2nd layout) would also look great with just one big photo behind it, but I didn't have the right photo to do that with, right now, so I put together a silver frame really quick, (silver, because the other page had a silver frame, and these two will be side by side). I especially love how the 1st page turned out, although like the 2nd one too.

Here I was going to work on my 2008 book, and my niece's book...but after seeing these boarders I just had to use them, cause I loved how soft and pretty they looked. They of course are extra special to me, because the flowers are part of my wedding dress...and my Mom made them. However I hope you all will enjoy them too!!

Well I kinda doubt I'll get any other LO's done this week, we have to get the last of our cheese made tomorrow (hopefully) so will be busy doing other things off the computer. I can't wait till we start getting milk again, as I will miss that wonderful fresh cheese!! We may even have more milk next year, as we are looking to buy another goat that produces lots more milk, so more cheese can be made...more often!! LOL

So anyway, have a great weekend and stay safe out there! Thanks so much for your comments! :)

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous4:12 PM

    Well, I think you did a great job! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The crocheted flowers sure make a pretty edge on your LO's. I hadn't thought of using them. The clusters will really add to your kit.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:52 PM

    You're just a gorgeous now as you were, then!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:23 PM

    AWWWWW!! Uncle Galen that was sweet. Where do i find a guy like u? im serious. lol

    kali

    ReplyDelete

I'd LOVE to hear from you!